testtest

The Prodigy looks ugly from pictures I see

Ok, now owners manuals are all wrong……😲😲
you tell me : You guys ruined a thread I started to find out whether to waste money on a Prodigy , with a really dumb newbie like argument . Where do current owners manuals warn about dry firing ? I just looked at my two owners manuals . It's a dumb argument and is strictly opinion based . And man's opinions unless his hands are inside your body are mainly nonsense . If you don't want to dry fire don't . Maybe join a let's not practice fan club . I've tried twice to get the thread back to what I started it for , Please honor that request

I had a handful of issues between 500 and 11k rounds, but nothing that stopped the gun from running if I just tapped the slide or racked it.

I have the 5", but mine is also Serial# 03XXX, which was probably the first run of them - I had it in my hands first week of September and they were announced Sept 1st.

That said, given how good SA Customer Service is, I sent it in and got it back (took less than 2 weeks total). It's run flawless since then, with the caveat being I now use Staccato mags from Dawson Precision.

The SA mags cause issues, but that's the mags not the gun. Going to RMA those mags at some point and hopefully get new ones from SA.

Over 2,000 rounds through it and total 'issues' I had prior to sending it in, about 7-8 FTF or FTE. After that, none.
I cannot aptly describe how well it shoots though. It's so smooth and soft.
I have a 25 year old Kimber Super Match . That was finicky for the first 500 or so rounds . I appreciate the information . This gun I'm supposed to pick up by 6PM today . Just came in . I know he's sold 4 others . I know SA is a Good place to deal with . I currently have a Bul Armory SAS II Tac Light . what a shooter . Problem is no optic . I am reluctant to start chopping up a gun that was obviously designed without optics for a reason . Considering they make the same thing with an optic and just cancelled my gun from the line. I'm guessing because Optics are what everyone wants these days . Thanks again
Last question : They keep calling it heavy in Videos , while comparing it to the Staccato P with an aluminum frame . It's 4.5 oz heavier . For a Duty gun that seems negligible.

you tell me : You guys ruined a thread I started to find out whether to waste money on a Prodigy , with a really dumb newbie like argument . Where do current owners manuals warn about dry firing ? I just looked at my two owners manuals . It's a dumb argument and is strictly opinion based . And man's opinions unless his hands are inside your body are mainly nonsense . If you don't want to dry fire don't . Maybe join a let's not practice fan club . I've tried twice to get the thread back to what I started it for , Please honor that request
It’s a discussion forum Rick. Nothing is ruined. I mean that’s what we do here. Discuss habits and opinions. We also have a habit of sliding off topic a little sometimes. And honestly you are not without guilt with that.

So. What’s your opinion about using loc tite on gun and optic screws ?
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

So you believe SA addressed all the early issues ? I currently own a couple Bul Armory Sas II Models . But they were before optic ready came around . They have been flawless . I could have the slide milled but reluctant to do that . Especially has to destroy re-selling it to most people .
Like I said : I'd never seen a Prodigy in person . I was surprised how nice it looked in person . It was the 4.25 as well. The issues seem to be all on the 5".
I'm also not concerned with a part breaking . I can DIY ..

Thanks for replying on topic . As I sit here dry firing my X-macro ;)
I'm not aware of any major problems other than what I've seen a select few complaining about online.

I find the overall fit and finish of my Prodigy to be top quality.

My Prodigy is the 4.25 model and I haven't even handled another Prodigy besides the one I own.

I have a 25 year old Kimber Super Match . That was finicky for the first 500 or so rounds . I appreciate the information . This gun I'm supposed to pick up by 6PM today . Just came in . I know he's sold 4 others . I know SA is a Good place to deal with . I currently have a Bul Armory SAS II Tac Light . what a shooter . Problem is no optic . I am reluctant to start chopping up a gun that was obviously designed without optics for a reason . Considering they make the same thing with an optic and just cancelled my gun from the line. I'm guessing because Optics are what everyone wants these days . Thanks again
Last question : They keep calling it heavy in Videos , while comparing it to the Staccato P with an aluminum frame . It's 4.5 oz heavier . For a Duty gun that seems negligible.
I wouldn't hesitate to get one at this point. 4.25" seems to be mostly issue free even from the get go.
People with issues are often the noisiest where people who have none are enjoying their Prodigy too much to comment. If there really were -that- many issues, SA would have had to stop production or something to address them.

I've heard far more people with no issues or very minor issues that were quickly addressed. No one has posted any critical failure type issues at all that I know of.

The added weight on the Prodigy makes it shoot -better-.

I tried a Staccato C this past weekend, which is a lighter aluminum frame, and absolutely hated it compared to the Prodigy. I'd like to try a Staccato P next, which is more apples to apples, but no one has agreed loan me theirs yet :D

Thread derailment is inevitable.

Embrace it, and go with the flow. It’s a sign of a healthy, lively forum…and, believe it or not, they tend to circle back on their own.

But it’s not YOUR thread…it’s everyone here’s…and sometimes, in the drift, important information is imparted.

I wouldn't hesitate to get one at this point. 4.25" seems to be mostly issue free even from the get go.
People with issues are often the noisiest where people who have none are enjoying their Prodigy too much to comment. If there really were -that- many issues, SA would have had to stop production or something to address them.

I've heard far more people with no issues or very minor issues that were quickly addressed. No one has posted any critical failure type issues at all that I know of.

The added weight on the Prodigy makes it shoot -better-.

I tried a Staccato C this past weekend, which is a lighter aluminum frame, and absolutely hated it compared to the Prodigy. I'd like to try a Staccato P next, which is more apples to apples, but no one has agreed loan me theirs yet :D
Yeah I hear you . Plus these videos that are from 2 months ago are actually at the very least 5 months old . I know for a fact with MAC . He taped a Video for Shooting Sight Tav D Trigger for the IWI Tavor. It was 5 months before that video played on Youtube . I know it took that long because I was there . That was at least 9 years ago. So when he is posting Videos now I'm guessing they are every bit that delayed . You make great points .

I've shot a Staccato P . It was a nice gun no doubt . However I bought the Bul Armory's because they shot every bit as well and had more features I liked . IMO only thing Staccato was superior over Bul with was the finish . Which is a minor concern . Thanks Again

I haven't read the whole thread, just most of the dry-firing stuff on the first page.

I can speak with some authority on dry-firing, and so I will.

Through dry-firing, I've broken the firing pins on a Smith K (M19 4"), a Colt Python, and a WWII P.39 (not just once, but TWICE!). As a result of these "leaning experiences," I will not dry-fire ANY centerfire handgun without a snap-cap in it, EXCEPT a 1911. I've been dry-firing 1911s for over 50 years and the only damage I've ever seen was on the cheap cast firing pin of an ODI viking--the dry-firing was peening the struck area to where it soon wouldn't have gone through the firing pin stop anymore. I filed the peening back and then replaced the junk firing pin with a common USGI unit and had no further problems.

I make my own snap-caps in .38/.357, 9mm, etc., by filling the primer pocket of a fired case with GE silicone caulk. I've heard that a common pencil eraser will work, too, and should, though I admit I've never tried it. The whole idea is to keep the unsupported TIP of the firing pin from coming to a sudden stop. Think of those desk toys with the five suspended ball bearings--lift the ball on one end and let it go, and what happens to the ball on the other end? It goes flying! The same principle is at work with your firing pin and the same thing will happen to it if you dry-fire it enough. ;)

Here endeth the lesson. ;)

I haven't read the whole thread, just most of the dry-firing stuff on the first page.

I can speak with some authority on dry-firing, and so I will.

Through dry-firing, I've broken the firing pins on a Smith K (M19 4"), a Colt Python, and a WWII P.39 (not just once, but TWICE!). As a result of these "leaning experiences," I will not dry-fire ANY centerfire handgun without a snap-cap in it, EXCEPT a 1911. I've been dry-firing 1911s for over 50 years and the only damage I've ever seen was on the cheap cast firing pin of an ODI viking--the dry-firing was peening the struck area to where it soon wouldn't have gone through the firing pin stop anymore. I filed the peening back and then replaced the junk firing pin with a common USGI unit and had no further problems.

I make my own snap-caps in .38/.357, 9mm, etc., by filling the primer pocket of a fired case with GE silicone caulk. I've heard that a common pencil eraser will work, too, and should, though I admit I've never tried it. The whole idea is to keep the unsupported TIP of the firing pin from coming to a sudden stop. Think of those desk toys with the five suspended ball bearings--lift the ball on one end and let it go, and what happens to the ball on the other end? It goes flying! The same principle is at work with your firing pin and the same thing will happen to it if you dry-fire it enough. ;)

Here endeth the lesson. ;)
Well of course Those are all guns before transfer safeties were introduce . That would be like my Grandpa's Colt SAA being dry fired . I would use snap caps on those as well . Modern Guns don't require those concerns . You take a Modern day gun if hammer fired has a transfer bar safety so you can dry fire it . That's the whole idea . Same with the Striker fired guns . People run into issues when dry firing with empty mags in .

Revolver with and without transfer bar . One has a flat hammer like a 1911 does and like modern revolver have This first picture don't dry fire . 2nd picture just fine . Video from Brownells showing what should not be and what can be . I would assume Brownell's is an authoritative
traditions-sa-45-09w-660x488.jpg

download.jpg

End of discussion Should have posted this immediately . So facts were posted vs opinions

Last edited:
Ok, just read that one again, Bragah also gave you an answer, evidently it wasn’t what you wanted as a reply, there was nothing wrong with his reply eitheR
referring to the thread being totally changed to arguing about dry firing when they were flat out wrong . But insisted otherwise . It's my fault I should have posted the pictures and Video from Brownell's . Who I would think are authorities on the matter . I got the answers I wanted because I re-asked them / I didn't join the forum to get involved in lah lah arguments . Especially when they heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend who heard from another who was obviously wrong for modern firearms . :)

Mod intervention:

Let's get this thread back to a civil level and avoid the back and forth here.

I deleted all the posts that have been non-productive to the thread topic.

Note:

No thread is guaranteed to stay on topic no matter the how hard we insist, thread drift is inevitable.

If anyone feels a portion of a thread they started or joined does not go in-line to the thread topic they have the option to move on to the next post without arguing.

referring to the thread being totally changed to arguing about dry firing when they were flat out wrong . But insisted otherwise . It's my fault I should have posted the pictures and Video from Brownell's . Who I would think are authorities on the matter . I got the answers I wanted because I re-asked them / I didn't join the forum to get involved in lah lah arguments . Especially when they heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend who heard from another who was obviously wrong for modern firearms . :)
you can post all the pics and all the videos you want. i posted a pic of the back of the breech that got slammed too many times from dry firing.

here it is again

breach-face-jpg.14617

and this one, with the back story about DRY FIRING....

32030705.jpg

you're not about to change anyone's mind or opinions on dry firing.

you do you, many of us will do what we normally will or will not do.

you can post all the pics and all the videos you want. i posted a pic of the back of the breech that got slammed too many times from dry firing.

here it is again

breach-face-jpg.14617

and this one, with the back story about DRY FIRING....

32030705.jpg

you're not about to change anyone's mind or opinions on dry firing.

you do you, many of us will do what we normally will or will not do.
Good link and good read and informative, thanks!

I never insisted anything. In fact I clearly stated it was probably just me being set in my ways.

I think you might be new to internet forums. A little piece of advice if I may ? It's almost always best to disagree or state your case in such a way that it doesn't come off like you are insulting people or insisting you are the smartest guy in the room. If you plan on sticking around. You seem like a decent enough guy and knowledgeable about guns. I'm sure you have a lot to offer the group and I think you might be able to get something out of it as well. Lots of very nice and helpful people here. We talk about things and throw our opinions around as fact all the time. Just relax a tad brother. It's only the internet.

I never insisted anything. In fact I clearly stated it was probably just me being set in my ways.

I think you might be new to internet forums. A little piece of advice if I may ? It's almost always best to disagree or state your case in such a way that it doesn't come off like you are insulting people or insisting you are the smartest guy in the room. If you plan on sticking around. You seem like a decent enough guy and knowledgeable about guns. I'm sure you have a lot to offer the group and I think you might be able to get something out of it as well. Lots of very nice and helpful people here. We talk about things and throw our opinions around as fact all the time. Just relax a tad brother. It's only the internet.
9DB6BDD6-F24D-403A-A798-B2D31FF49087.gif

Oooh, @Bassbob the diplomat. I like it. Anyone else turned on? 😘😜

Back