testtest

The Prodigy looks ugly from pictures I see

Just took my prodigy out. What a nightmare. Failure to go into battery, failure to feed on every two or three rounds fired. Ended up putting a littler over 1200 rounds through it. After about 700 the 20 round mag was good to go but on the last two mags I had at least 3 failure to feed on that mag.
After a trip to SA, my Prodigy was still having going into battery issues, but I tried out a Staccato mag and it ran flawless, and has ever since. About 1,000rds through it now and zero issues with Dawson Precision Staccato mags.

The geometry on the SA mags vs the Staccato mags are very different (See pic below - left is Dawson staccato, right is Factory SA). If you can I'd suggest trying a Dawson Precision Staccato 17 or 20rd mag and seeing if you still have any issues.

I'll be contacting SA about my mags sometime in the future.

Attachments

• mag-comparison.jpg
    mag-comparison.jpg
    503.6 KB · Views: 48
Just took my prodigy out. What a nightmare. Failure to go into battery, failure to feed on every two or three rounds fired. Ended up putting a littler over 1200 rounds through it. After about 700 the 20 round mag was good to go but on the last two mags I had at least 3 failure to feed on that mag.
Call up SA, get an RMA..send it and the mags back. I’m over 1K through mine since getting it back. I think i’ve had one fail to fire, and I’m going to chalk it up as a bad reman ammo round, it’s all I run through mine. I usually get 1-2 per 1K rounds I buy reman failing to fire. I put a little over 100 through mine the first time out, my experience was exactly like yours…. How you made it through 1200 blows my mind. No way I have that much patience to run that many through with a new pistol. Best thing I did was not try to fix it myself, let SA handle it…

Had my Prodigy at the range today. What a fantastic pistol. It’s so accurate that I warm up at 20yds with it. Makes me sad to hear that people are still having issues because mine is just such a blast to shoot.
My father snagged a 4.25", sadly his had issues as well but he knew he might. He will be sending it in to SA. Somehow, his Serial# is 06XXX, which Is pretty low considering he got it last weekend.

Sucks having to send it in, but after my experience with SA CS he's not too worried about it. He loves how it shoots.

I wonder if the newer ones coming out are having less issues?

My father snagged a 4.25", sadly his had issues as well but he knew he might. He will be sending it in to SA. Somehow, his Serial# is 06XXX, which Is pretty low considering he got it last weekend.

Sucks having to send it in, but after my experience with SA CS he's not too worried about it. He loves how it shoots.

I wonder if the newer ones coming out are having less issues?
Mine is a couple months old, serial is in the 20K range, had all the issues. Since back from SA, nothing but brass eating. Next up is some trigger love for mine, it clicks just over 5lbs and I’m looking to clean that up and get it in the 3 to 3.5 lb range.

Mine is a couple months old, serial is in the 20K range, had all the issues. Since back from SA, nothing but brass eating. Next up is some trigger love for mine, it clicks just over 5lbs and I’m looking to clean that up and get it in the 3 to 3.5 lb range.
Same for me, though my serial is 03XXX so I definitely got one of the first batch.

After a quick trip to SA it's been flawless. I agree though, i'd like a lighter trigger. Mines at about 4.5-5lbs but 3-3.5 would be perfect.

Same for me, though my serial is 03XXX so I definitely got one of the first batch.

After a quick trip to SA it's been flawless. I agree though, i'd like a lighter trigger. Mines at about 4.5-5lbs but 3-3.5 would be perfect.
Do you know how to take them apart ? You have to pay attention . All you have to do is put a little bend on your sear spring . the left and the middle . Atlas Gunworks has a great video . You really can't ruin it > Just get a pull weight gauge for $20 .

Back