testtest

What knives do you daily carry?

Ord'd another Civivi brand knife a few days ago, and it arrived yesterday. Went with the Keen Nadder, with stonewashed tanto blade, and brown micarta scales. I swapped the belt clip to the opposite side (as seen in pics), and added the lanyard to it last night.

IMG_20210131_134210_850.jpg
IMG_20210131_134210_852.jpg
IMG_20210131_134210_902.jpg

The original work sharp knife sharpener.

You can buy them at lowes and Menards for about 70.00. I also went back to work sharp and bought more belts of different grit.
400,600,800 and 1600. There was too big a jump going from 220 to the 6000 finish. The 6,8 and 1600 grit belts made a huge difference. I do believe they now have one with ceramic particles I've not tried that one.

When this one goes belly up I'll get the Ken Onion. It's a better unit.
I just got one of these last week. All I can say is wow. I started to buy the Ken Onion but didn't know if I would like the system and didn't want to spend that much more money. Wish I had now.

I am also now carrying my CobraTec Lightweight OTF https://cobratecknives.com/collections/lightweight/products/lightweight-carbon-fiber every day now. Even though it is a relatively cheap knife it is very well made . The blade has very little play . Yes you have to sharpen it a little more often than the higher grade steels when using every day but it isn't hard to sharpen and holds up well.

Usually I carry a benchmade mini grip, I have one in drop point, and the same one in sheepsfoot, I'll grab whichever one is sharper at the moment. For days when I need something tougher, like for cutting lots of pallet straps, I'll grab a SOG Tac XR.

Attachments

• EDC knives - Imgur.jpg
    EDC knives - Imgur.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 200
My EDC since 2003 (several interations). Made in USA back then. China now I think :(...
Gerber Air Ranger. About $30...

Nice n flat against the pocket, very good edge. For the $ u can’t beat it. Just enough serration to cut sheet metal but enough edge to carve. Thumb serration on the back by the handle is perfect.

Attachments

• 2EB83C26-4AE0-4740-BAA9-24315562C411.jpeg
    2EB83C26-4AE0-4740-BAA9-24315562C411.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 180
  • A67C9F9B-7941-4BCE-AE27-76EDE8140111.jpeg
    A67C9F9B-7941-4BCE-AE27-76EDE8140111.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 166
The mail delivered a new one to me the other day. It's the Morakniv Eldris. Sports a 2.2" Swedish stainless blade, and a grippy polypropylene handle. This will be handy size-wise (only 5.6" lobg in the sheath), once the weather gets warmer, when the grandson and I can get our kayaks back on the water to do some fishing. Also can conveniently go in the sling bag, or truck door pocket. Added a 550 cord lanyard to the grip yesterday.

IMG_20210224_152033_863.jpgIMG_20210224_152033_864.jpg

Does anyone have a Benchmark Infidel OTF knife? Are they worth the price? I've been toying around with the possibility of buying myself one but I could almost pick up a a new handgun for the price of one, but they sure seem like quality knives. I carry a Midtech OTF knife on me, knock off version of the Benchmade. Surprisingly it's been bomb proof, I carry it every day, it's been dropped several times, scuffed up a bit, but it's held it's edge very well with minimal sharpening....

In my traveling days of one way deliveries ( overnight to several overnights then return by air ) and considering DOT and TSA not allowing firearms or knives, I solved the problem this way and it allowed me to have a sort of weapon on me most of the time: At the start of each trip I would go to Walmart and ( for .88 cents! can you believe that? not the best and not the worst eight inch blade kitchen knife with a plastic sheath; a fair finely serrated blade with bonded composition handle manufactured in China, with shipping, distribution and retailed at 88 cents and profit for all)? Before entering the airports for return flight I'd find and donate the piece to an appropriate cause and repeat the process on the next dispatch.

Necessity has no law. Anonymous

Back