testtest

What knives do you daily carry?

View attachment 194

What knives I daily carry. A spyderco for daily chores carried on my right pocket right behind my clipped on mini flashlight. And a karambit carried clipped inside my left pocket and pushed forward(since I’m left handed ). The karambit is never used for anything it’s sole purpose in life is to be used as a get off me weapon. I have a training blade of the same with a rounded blade and no point. I practice with the training blade on a heavy bag and concentrate on five fast cuts from the draw. I would like to see photos of what you carry, where you carry it, how you deploy it and what your training regimen is. Do you carry more than one? What different kinds of blades do you carry for work or hunting, what laws govern what you can carry. Let’s see some photos and prices.

The EDC knives I see here are mainly folding designs.
Now, I am a BIG Fan of the Cold Steel locks; however, every military organization issues a fixed blade knife as its primary issue,
I think there is a reason for this.
I know the fixed blade is more difficult to conceal.
The fixed blade knife is much easier to deploy.
I don't get it.

Now, I am a BIG Fan of the Cold Steel locks; however, every military organization issues a fixed blade knife as its primary issue,
I don't get it.

See post #172

I don't get it.
Why? Sometimes, some people/places get overly sensitized by an overly idealistic pacified scenario? Hence out of sight out of mind, something therefore doesn't really exist in some people's thoughts and minds? Why was movie "Crocodile Dundee" such a hit? Possibly because it exposed that unreal baloney to some people? Another scenario? Some people may miss real reason to go camping's purpose is to get away from supposed "Normal" society? An ideal outdoor camping scenario to me doesn't include running tap water, microwave and TV, but that's just me?

Why? Sometimes, some people/places get overly sensitized by an overly idealistic pacified scenario? Hence out of sight out of mind, something therefore doesn't really exist in some people's thoughts and minds? Why was movie "Crocodile Dundee" such a hit? Possibly because it exposed that unreal baloney to some people? Another scenario? Some people may miss real reason to go camping's purpose is to get away from supposed "Normal" society? An ideal outdoor camping scenario to me doesn't include running tap water, microwave and TV, but that's just me?

Seals, on a mission, are not concerned about concealing anything. They're concerned with making themselves " Invisible" entirely. Which is a totally different thing.

Knives, like guns, are tools and there are different types of tools for different jobs.

A funny story. Way, way back in the day, when Bassbob was, shall we say, a little more immersed in life on the streets in St. Louis Mo., I confronted a guy who was stealing things out of a shed belonging to a friend of mine while we were inside partying. He pulled out a 4" switchblade. I had a pigsticker on my belt and couldn't resist quoting the Crocodile Dundee, " That's not a knife, this is a knife" bit. It worked and the dude took off running. Some of my friends still talk about that.

I don't get it.
"...every military organization issues a fixed blade knife as its primary issue,..."

If I contact the Navy, I wonder if I can get mine now. Served from '71 - '92, and they never issued me a knife. :)

"...every military organization issues a fixed blade knife as its primary issue,..."

If I contact the Navy, I wonder if I can get mine now. Served from '71 - '92, and they never issued me a knife. :)
I would write them a nice polite letter and ask for my money back.
On the other hand, they could just send you a P-38 can opener and call it a knife.
God Bless the Navy, but it just ain't the same, fella (knife-wise).

I would write them a nice polite letter and ask for my money back.
On the other hand, they could just send you a P-38 can opener and call it a knife.
God Bless the Navy, but it just ain't the same, fella (knife-wise).
🤔 Ask for money back? I didn't pay them, and if knives were being issued there shouldn't be an upfront cost. A P-38? No need for that, the fleet served real meals. ;)

Here is another one I carry time to time. An Inexpensive Kershaw. The poly handle came smooth and I stippled it myself.
0450DA78-246B-4CAC-A7E7-3289DF973938.jpeg

View attachment 290I received this along with several other species of knives as a thank you gift from Lynn Thompson the owner of cold steel knives. We built a few rifles for him. This is a cold steel Swift assisted opener with dual thumb studs and a slide lock that both locks the blade closed and open, gimping on the back for your thumb and rock solid pocket clips, not sure about the handle material but it is very comfortable in the hand. It’s a rock solid knife with great tool steel. Blade is 3 1/2 in. Long. It’s really a safe queen and rides in my suit jacket pocket for dinner events. Gifts are something I cherish and they are kept separate from my working knives. the cold steel Swift is 8 1/2 overall.
Nice knife and I see it's in cts xhp steel which is fantastic. I own and carry the same one.

Not a knife, but my mom's bf asked me to borrow a knife, and proceeded to scrape excess grout with my benchmade.

Well, I had a new sharpening system in box waiting to be tested out, and compared to my old one. Gotta say, the Worksharp system is superior to the Lansky.

s9oIkUE.jpg

Here is another one I carry time to time. An Inexpensive Kershaw. The poly handle came smooth and I stippled it myself. View attachment 16760
I've been very impressed with Kershaw knives. I usually buy their USA made knifes, but I've picked up a couple of their Chinese made products. The blades have all been good quality, and I really like their Speedsafe rapid deployment system for one-handed manipulation.

I carry a knife at all times and use them frequently for everyday tasks. I like a lot of the high-dollar knives on the market, but just wouldn't feel comfortable carrying one that was too expensive to risk losing. At this point in my life, the Kershaws are my favorite carry knives.

I keep this one clipped in an end pocket on my range bag and use it for cutting cardboard for target backs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back