testtest

What knives do you daily carry?

4b0ac8d4e80c82ed26c87ddd02e6444b.jpg

Not a daily carry but will have it with me often. Bradford Guardian 5.

The original work sharp knife sharpener.

You can buy them at lowes and Menards for about 70.00. I also went back to work sharp and bought more belts of different grit.
400,600,800 and 1600. There was too big a jump going from 220 to the 6000 finish. The 6,8 and 1600 grit belts made a huge difference. I do believe they now have one with ceramic particles I've not tried that one.

When this one goes belly up I'll get the Ken Onion. It's a better unit.
Thanks for the tip! I just picked up one of these this morning at Lowes. Already have sharpened every knife in the kitchen. The wife is super happy about that. Tried it on one of my work knives, and it's razor sharp. Wish I had known about these a long time ago. Thanks.

I carry a SOG trident with tanto blade. It is my daily and looks like hell. My wife bought me a new one last year to replace the one I lost. This year she got me a Gerber Applegate/Fairburn automatic. It'll be my weekend carry. My daughter bought me a Boker top-lock which is also an auto. She also got me a Gerber edict, that blade is bearing steel, holds an edge forever. Also in the pic are my grandfather's old case bluebone trapper and my first Buck 112.

Attachments

• 16096906203061372533007396854985.jpg
    16096906203061372533007396854985.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 201
Thanks for the tip! I just picked up one of these this morning at Lowes. Already have sharpened every knife in the kitchen. The wife is super happy about that. Tried it on one of my work knives, and it's razor sharp. Wish I had known about these a long time ago. Thanks.
My one tip is to be careful with downward pressure in the knife guide. I got a little heavy handed and you'll slice into the guide as the knife sharpens. There are also a different guide with a slight degree angle change. I found out about it when I had to replace one of the guides. I didn't like to open guide that came with it. So yea look around on the site you may be glad you did. 👍
Glad you like it.

I carry a SOG trident with tanto blade. It is my daily and looks like hell. My wife bought me a new one last year to replace the one I lost. This year she got me a Gerber Applegate/Fairburn automatic. It'll be my weekend carry. My daughter bought me a Boker top-lock which is also an auto. She also got me a Gerber edict, that blade is bearing steel, holds an edge forever. Also in the pic are my grandfather's old case bluebone trapper and my first Buck 112.
Man I gots to have one of the Gerber Applegate/Fairburn automatics to go in my collection I have of all those. SWEET KNIFE!!

I generally carry a Kershaw 3/4 Ton, I find the overall size/shape of the blade to be just about perfect for any typical day to day uses I have.

Holds an edge well and is regularly found for under $20, so I don't feel bad if it goes missing or gets abused a little.

BangBang's reply, post 89 is the epitome of blades to me. I love the look and feel of hand layered Damascus and a Japanese tanto just rounds it out.
I had a damascus Barlow as a teen. Someone else liked it more than I, as it just disappeared one day. There's something captivating about the grain, the layers and seeing the efforts present in the blade. So much better than manufactured blades.
The Cold Steel tanto is another. The abuse they would subject those blades from Japan to. It really gave you the impression that it would never fail. I don't know what steel they were made, flexible enough to withstand side loading, rigid enough to pierce nearly anything and hold the edge.

I only have a handful of knives, which co sist if CRKT, ESEE, and recently a couple of Leatherman tools (Surge and a T4). Yesterday I wandered off the trail and ord'd a Civivi Pintail, with green micarta scales, and black 2.98" blade. Got the "shipped" email today, and it's set to arrive by 1/7.

View attachment 13495View attachment 13496
(images via Google)
The Civivi Pintail arrived today, and man I like this knife. Light-weight, and very quick & smooth opening flipper with the bearing pivot. Comes in a neat little zippered case with a soft padded interior, and an included cleaning cloth. Micarta scales are nice and smooth, and the clip can be relocated to the other side if desired.
20210107_205018.jpg
20210107_204850.jpg20210107_204700.jpg
20210107_204424.jpg

That's beautiful knife. I've been looking to upgrade to a small fixed-blade, but everything I'm finding seems to be either a neck knife or something way too big for EDC. I like to buy American whenever possible but am not familiar with the Esee brand. Does the knife look and feel as good as advertised?
ESEE's are well-made, and come with a lifetime warranty.

That's beautiful knife. I've been looking to upgrade to a small fixed-blade, but everything I'm finding seems to be either a neck knife or something way too big for EDC. I like to buy American whenever possible but am not familiar with the Esee brand. Does the knife look and feel as good as advertised?

I’ve read about ESEE and I know of several folks and family that have ESEE knives. I am a big fixed blade fan. My “quick” opinion on it is, I’m gonna love it. I got it mainly for edc but it would most definitely serve for a backpack knife. I wouldn’t categorize it as a bushcraft knife as they make the ESEE 4, 5 and 6 for that that I would use. This carries as a “out of sight out of mind”

Overall Length: 7.12"
Cutting Edge Length: 3.0"
Maximum Thickness: .125"
Steel: S35VN, 59-60 Rc.
Weight: 3.8 Ounces (Knife Only)
Weight: 6 Ounces (Knife w/ Sheath)
Sheath: Molded
Finish: Stone Washed
Handle: 3D G10
Made In The U.S.A.

I’ve read about ESEE and I know of several folks and family that have ESEE knives. I am a big fixed blade fan. My “quick” opinion on it is, I’m gonna love it. I got it mainly for edc but it would most definitely serve for a backpack knife. I wouldn’t categorize it as a bushcraft knife as they make the ESEE 4, 5 and 6 for that that I would use. This carries as a “out of sight out of mind”

Overall Length: 7.12"
Cutting Edge Length: 3.0"
Maximum Thickness: .125"
Steel: S35VN, 59-60 Rc.
Weight: 3.8 Ounces (Knife Only)
Weight: 6 Ounces (Knife w/ Sheath)
Sheath: Molded
Finish: Stone Washed
Handle: 3D G10
Made In The U.S.A.
I have 3 ESEE's at the moment: 2 with the micarta scales, and 1 with the G10. My next one just might have the 3D G10 scales. Looks comfortable.

Back