testtest

What Optics Are You using With Your Saint Rifles And Pistols.

I do not own any saint AR's currently but by Sig 5.56 VTAC has a Romeo and Mbus flip sights. I use a Romeo red dot on my Aero .300 pistol as well. I also use a combination of vortex and Sig red dots on my other rifles. I prefer red dots for the quick engagement of targets. On my pistols I prefer iron sights.

Last edited:
I have a Romeo 5 on my Uzi Pro and it has been a great little sight for the price. I would not have any problems recommending it in the top 3 of the the 200 and under crowd of RDS's. Good dot, battery life and mount, and 5 year warranty. The finish is holding up well on the body, but the sight caps have ward a little bit going in and out of its backpack pocket. Its not an Aimpoint, but Holosun makes good optics, no matter who's name is written on the side.

As I posted yesterday, I'm still using the flip-up sights on my Saint Edge, and enjoy putting holes in paper and hitting the steel targets at the range. Whenever I'm at the PX (ret'd Navy here) about once a month I always go by the gun counter and purchase ammo I might be short of, and I also look at the optics in the locked glass case. Sure, I could afford it and get a red dot, but still haven't taken the plunge, because I'm of the thinking that it would severely take the fun out of going to the range, at least for me. I kind of correlate it the same as if I put a trolling motor on my kayak that I paddle for the exercise and the challenge. I'm 66 yrs old, so keeping the old noggin and other functions "tuned" is my goal with shooting, and paddling.

As I posted yesterday, I'm still using the flip-up sights on my Saint Edge, and enjoy putting holes in paper and hitting the steel targets at the range. Whenever I'm at the PX (ret'd Navy here) about once a month I always go by the gun counter and purchase ammo I might be short of, and I also look at the optics in the locked glass case. Sure, I could afford it and get a red dot, but still haven't taken the plunge, because I'm of the thinking that it would severely take the fun out of going to the range, at least for me. I kind of correlate it the same as if I put a trolling motor on my kayak that I paddle for the exercise and the challenge. I'm 66 yrs old, so keeping the old noggin and other functions "tuned" is my goal with shooting, and paddling.
I'm a year or so older than you and I can tell you that for me red dot sights make a world of difference for tired old eyes. If I could I would add a red dot to every firearm I own.

I'm a year or so older than you and I can tell you that for me red dot sights make a world of difference for tired old eyes. If I could I would add a red dot to every firearm I own.
I'll probably eventually end up getting a red dot system. There are some days the eyeballs just don't wanna cooperate, especially viewing stuff through my progressive (tri-focal glasses).

I have a Romeo 5 on my Uzi Pro and it has been a great little sight for the price. I would not have any problems recommending it in the top 3 of the the 200 and under crowd of RDS's. Good dot, battery life and mount, and 5 year warranty. The finish is holding up well on the body, but the sight caps have ward a little bit going in and out of its backpack pocket. Its not an Aimpoint, but Holosun makes good optics, no matter who's name is written on the side.

I just bought a Romeo 5 for my Bushmaster but haven't mounted it yet.

Anyone have any experience with a Sig Romeo 5? Putting together an AR pistol and debating ordering the romeo 5 for it.
I have a Romeo 5 on a pistol build.

I'm most likely going to replace the Romeo for a Vortex venom. My personal reason to switch is the venom will offer me faster reaction to the target and a wider field of view that I feel is a benefit for me when using my pistol. Also I have a Vortex sparc 2 on my PC carbine that I feel is a superior sight for a similar cost that's worth looking into.

I have a Romeo 5 on a pistol build.

I'm most likely going to replace the Romeo for a Vortex venom. My personal reason to switch is the venom will offer me faster reaction to the target and a wider field of view that I feel is a benefit for me when using my pistol. Also I have a Vortex sparc 2 on my PC carbine that I feel is a superior sight for a similar cost that's worth looking into.
Appreciate the experienced comment. Will look into this as an upgrade in the future!

Back