testtest

Your favorite Springfield

None of my favorite Springfield's are made by Springfield. I am not actually sure if SA even makes guns besides the M1A and variants. I have the impression they just re-badge guns from other people, or assemble parts made by other people in foreign countries, but don't know for sure. Kind of like Century but with quality parts and hiring real gunsmiths instead of escaped circus monkeys with hammers. I would like to know, but I can understand the company being tight lipped about it.

Having said that though, they have brought some excellent guns into the country over the years. The Springfield Omega has to be my favorite. Its an SA stamped/Brazilian made frame on a Peters Stahl ported slide in 10mm. Its a wonderful gun and one of these days I hope to add a 2 tone longslide to it.

I also like the SA marked P9/P9C Tanfoglio's that they brought into the country as parts and assembled in the US. They were wonderfully hand fit guns, and I have owned several over the years. I also covet a friends SA branded FAL as well. It is a bit of a happy quirk gun in that it is the closest to an MOA FAL I have ever seen, but only if you only load 5 or less in the mag.
I think they make their 1911's but I do not know how many of the parts including the slides are made at a Springfield factory.

My newest Springfield, I think for now is my favorite. The XD45 Mod 2 4-inch. I put an Inforce ALPC light on it and it's become my go to home defense weapon. I also have a question, and it may be just because it's new. With a full 13-round magazine in the weapon, the mag release button is VERY hard to activate from the right or left side. I've stripped the handgun down, went over everything with gun oil to make sure it's property lubricated around the mag release, but you have to push really hard on the mag release to make the mag drop. It drops clean and everything. I'm thinking maybe just because it's new? I have six 13-round mags and they all are hard to get to release. Just wanted to run this by you guys and see what you think. Thanks.

Love my hellcat as well, it does seem to sit in the drawer alot tho, and for my saint, oh its my favorite. But with you, they both don't get as much use as some of my other guns.

Most pistols are sitting in the "drawer" a lot here, with everyone being home-bound for the most part. I've been putting my XDM Compact on, or shoving my Ruger LCP into a pocket, for those necessary trips to the store about once a week, but that is about it.

My newest Springfield, I think for now is my favorite. The XD45 Mod 2 4-inch. I put an Inforce ALPC light on it and it's become my go to home defense weapon. I also have a question, and it may be just because it's new. With a full 13-round magazine in the weapon, the mag release button is VERY hard to activate from the right or left side. I've stripped the handgun down, went over everything with gun oil to make sure it's property lubricated around the mag release, but you have to push really hard on the mag release to make the mag drop. It drops clean and everything. I'm thinking maybe just because it's new? I have six 13-round mags and they all are hard to get to release. Just wanted to run this by you guys and see what you think. Thanks.
Mine is difficult as well when the mag is full. So I always keep the mags one short from being full. When loading mags for range day I’ll load one completely insert in the gun, rack a round. The rest of the mags will be one short of full, they also load easier in the gun.

Mine is difficult as well when the mag is full. So I always keep the mags one short from being full. When loading mags for range day I’ll load one completely insert in the gun, rack a round. The rest of the mags will be one short of full, they also load easier in the gun.
Hey THANKS for the info on that. I was hoping it wasn't a default or something. Has it gotten any easier the more rounds you put thru it? I haven't had a chance to shoot mine yet, that comes this weekend, but I was thinking maybe once I get it broke in the mags might eject easier.

Hey THANKS for the info on that. I was hoping it wasn't a default or something. Has it gotten any easier the more rounds you put thru it? I haven't had a chance to shoot mine yet, that comes this weekend, but I was thinking maybe once I get it broke in the mags might eject easier.
It will take a few trips to the range before they start getting easier. They will though.

Well this is a hard question for the Springfields that I own I've got a Range Officer Champion in .45 that i got last summer, then there's the M1A i got in December and then yesterday the LGS opened up and I got the XDE .45, finally got around to cleaning and lubed it. So hopefully i can get to the range this weekend

I own a M14 squad scout is my pride and joy, I have a original XD 9, XD 40 Mil Spec 1911, a Loaded 1911, a Range Officer, a 1911 Compact ( my everyday carry in 45 acp). I also own 3 SW 686 in 4in, 3in 2,5in barrels a model 60 3in barrel, 642, Ruger Blackhawk 45 colt, a Ruger 22lr semi auto, a Mini 14 with mods and a mini 30 also with mods a Ruger scout rifle in 308, A Colt defender in 9mm a Colt competition in 45 acp a Sig 2022 in 40 cal (worst trigger I have ever pulled) A Henry golden boy, Henry Big Boy's in 357, 44 mag and 45 colt. a couple browning 22 lr pistols. While in Viet Nam I was able to trade a couple cases of steak a bundle of plywood and a generator for a M-14 cut down to 18 in barrel, heavy but a great weapon. Ya I own a M-1 Carbine I sold a M-4 carbine to get the M1.

I would really like my newest Springfield to become my fav. Just prior to the questionable suspension of America‘s basic citizen contract ”We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.", I received my Springfield EMP 40.

I had barely shot 200 rounds through it before my range shut down, though the storefront remains open. Despite the appearance of light primer strikes, I encountered zero issues with this new 1911. I can’t say that every new pistol has given me the same break-in performance. Even my 2 Spring 911s have had their share of hiccups out of the box, with my 1st becoming an awesome performer since Springfield worked it over.

I usually shoot a lot more factory rounds through a new pistol before switching to 95% handloads, it I‘m sure that I hadn’t put 150 rounds through my Springfield EMP 40 before testing my own ammo. It’s now been well past a month since I’ve been able to shoot any of my guns, but I made sure to load up hundreds of new 40 S&W rounds, including new test ladders of different powders and different projectiles.

May opening day come soon!

4A3449B0-D41A-4423-B8A8-8B47322BAB72.jpeg

I would really like my newest Springfield to become my fav. Just prior to the questionable suspension of America‘s basic citizen contract ”We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.", I received my Springfield EMP 40.

I had barely shot 200 rounds through it before my range shut down, though the storefront remains open. Despite the appearance of light primer strikes, I encountered zero issues with this new 1911. I can’t say that every new pistol has given me the same break-in performance. Even my 2 Spring 911s have had their share of hiccups out of the box, with my 1st becoming an awesome performer since Springfield worked it over.

I usually shoot a lot more factory rounds through a new pistol before switching to 95% handloads, it I‘m sure that I hadn’t put 150 rounds through my Springfield EMP 40 before testing my own ammo. It’s now been well past a month since I’ve been able to shoot any of my guns, but I made sure to load up hundreds of new 40 S&W rounds, including new test ladders of different powders and different projectiles.

May opening day come soon!

View attachment 4910
That's a sharp looking handgun. I've heard of those but haven't actually seen one. I like it. How's recoil on it?

That's a sharp looking handgun. I've heard of those but haven't actually seen one. I like it. How's recoil on it?
Recoil isn’t bad at all. It’s a steel frame, so more than 2 lbs loaded, and that helps tame the recoil. Naturally, my hand loads are a bit softer than factory loads. I may get out soon to shoot some more, and I’ll be paying closer attention to accuracy and recoil. All prior testing was merely to get a good feel. Now on to Testing loads for carry.

Back