testtest

Your favorite Springfield

Finally got to the range and fired 100 rds through my new XDE .45 and wasn't disappointed with its performance. The only thing I wish I could fix is the reset. On my two Sigs I got a "Short Reset Trigger Kit" and dual adjustable straight triggers. The trigger travel after you fire a round the trigger goes out about a 1/4 " before it resets but other then that its a wonderful gun

Original XDs 3.3 9mm in gray, with Viridian R5...

0426201810.jpg

Yes, I think all of their polymer handguns are. Nothing wrong with that, they are all well made.
Yeah but its coincidence when I was in the navy I was assigned to small unit assigned to the State Department and I spent 2 yrs at the Embassy in Belgrade from 85 to 87 and we had a consult in Zagreb which is in Croatia and I go up there once a month to work on stuff

So I learned on Friday that I’d apparently missed the fine print on my “range is closed” notice. It’s closed to the public, but open to members (like me), for 2 hours per day. Not much, but a heck of a lot better than closed!

Too my Springfield EMP 40 out for some additional firing time, as well as checking out multiple hand loads, as well as my new 165 gr JHP from Everglades Ammo.

I love how this pistol shoots, but my loads were fairly light. Ended with some of the dirtiest brass I’ve shot.
Encountered a problem with my 165 gr JHPs. Perhaps I seated them too long. They feed and fire very well. Very accurate projectiles. However, I could only load 4 rounds in a magazine. Had 2 with me, both had the same problem. When the 5th round is loaded into the magazine, the 1st 4 remain stuck down in the magazine. I seated them to 1.250“. I’ll have to seat to 1.200“ and test for proper magazine function.

So I learned on Friday that I’d apparently missed the fine print on my “range is closed” notice. It’s closed to the public, but open to members (like me), for 2 hours per day. Not much, but a heck of a lot better than closed!

Too my Springfield EMP 40 out for some additional firing time, as well as checking out multiple hand loads, as well as my new 165 gr JHP from Everglades Ammo.

I love how this pistol shoots, but my loads were fairly light. Ended with some of the dirtiest brass I’ve shot.
Encountered a problem with my 165 gr JHPs. Perhaps I seated them too long. They feed and fire very well. Very accurate projectiles. However, I could only load 4 rounds in a magazine. Had 2 with me, both had the same problem. When the 5th round is loaded into the magazine, the 1st 4 remain stuck down in the magazine. I seated them to 1.250“. I’ll have to seat to 1.200“ and test for proper magazine function.
What brand of 165gr are they?

Speer 165 is 1.120" for the 40. Max coal should be 1.125" in the 40S&W!
Good catch, Texas. That “1“ is pretty important isn’t it. I’m guilty of losing a 1...what I should have said is I seated these to 1.125”, I will try seating them to 1.120” and ensure I can load 8 rounds in my magazines.

Thanks for the catch...aside from my typo, the rounds were loaded properly, and plunked nicely in my barrel. Never thought to check magazine fill.

Another key missing element...7.0 gr of VV 3N37 and CCI 500 SPP.

So off to the outdoor range this morning. Took both my Saint AR Pistols.
Saint Victor in 300 Black Out. I had changed out the stock brace to the SBA3 adjustable and wanted to make sure there were no changes in the BCG Buffer,
Gun ran like champ.
Saint Edge Pistol in 5.56 first time shooting the Edge, that gun is awesome. No issues in feeding or cycling.
133A59DA-29CA-4244-AE4B-C862102D4AE3.jpeg
6C2AC8A7-7861-44D2-91D4-6F04560C4986.jpeg
CED27CA9-E6A3-4012-A384-159BA04459EE.jpeg
4AED07C7-C174-4C22-A78C-1F7B46C70B62.jpeg

Back