testtest

good day at the range

Your minute of intruder looks fine. :)
1650662830200.png

took out the S&W 686 + today. it hadn't been to the range since September.

took 50 rds, reloaded .357, and 50 rds, reloaded 38 special.

the 50 rds of .357, shot in single action

1650996994993.png

i didn't even take home the target (or take pics) of the 38 special, cuz i was having too much fun, shooting in double action, and well......i was all over the place. i hit the target, but no groupings whatsoever.

took out the S&W 686 + today. it hadn't been to the range since September.

took 50 rds, reloaded .357, and 50 rds, reloaded 38 special.

the 50 rds of .357, shot in single action

View attachment 26824

i didn't even take home the target (or take pics) of the 38 special, cuz i was having too much fun, shooting in double action, and well......i was all over the place. i hit the target, but no groupings whatsoever.
Nice, the 686 has always been one of my favorite.357’s

yeah, but i gotta shoot up all my 357 ammo. it's too much for these old hands. i'll stick with 38 special from now on.
You could give it to me. I don't want you to hurt your hands. 😁 Of course then I would have to go buy a revolver to shoot it out of but I am up for that. (y)

i tried searching for a thread specific to target practice, but could not find one.??

anyway, i was supposed to go and buy some lumber today and start repairs on my porch decking.

but it started to rain, so i went to the range instead.

i took my CZ 75B, and 50 rnds, factory S&B FMJ 124 gr.

i did have one very bad low shot, which i point out with the arrow.....

View attachment 19655
Very nice shooting

ok, took my repaired Kimber 2 tone to the range this morning, along with factory, 100 rds of 230 gr .45 ACP.

50 rds winchester white box, 50 rds of Federal white box.

shot at my usual 7 yards (self defense distance), and the first 2 targets were for "let's see if this works shooting"

of course, i hit the targets, just like a wild man however.

the last two targets were for more accuracy.

here is the best of that.....(just disregard the date i wrote on the top of the target, i forgot it was still June....sheesh, old age BS)

1656444228348.png

also, i just minutes ago, I emailed Kimber to compliment the gunsmith's work.

i find it easy for many of us to gripe about someone, but not always compliment them, when they deserve it.

but when someone "does me right", i give them the compliment(s) they earned

here is some of what I emailed to Kimber....(just gonna leave out personal information)

================================================================

Hello

I thought it would be a good idea to compliment the gunsmith that repaired my Kimber 2 tone recently.

REF NO:

Customer ID:

Repair:

I took my newly repaired Kimber to the range this morning, (disregard the date on the photo of the target, I thought it was already July)

And this 1911 shoots like no tomorrow..!!

I couldn't be any more happier than I am with the skills of the gunsmith, and I highly appreciate his time, effort, skills and dedication. ( I just don't know his name)

I also appreciate the man I originally spoke to on the phone, who took down my information, and his name is "Bruce", a fine, very polite,
gentleman you have there on the phone(s).

I am attaching a photo of todays range visit, and by golly, this is what it's all about...(except screwing up today's date...lol)

Much appreciated

ok, took my repaired Kimber 2 tone to the range this morning, along with factory, 100 rds of 230 gr .45 ACP.

50 rds winchester white box, 50 rds of Federal white box.

shot at my usual 7 yards (self defense distance), and the first 2 targets were for "let's see if this works shooting"

of course, i hit the targets, just like a wild man however.

the last two targets were for more accuracy.

here is the best of that.....(just disregard the date i wrote on the top of the target, i forgot it was still June....sheesh, old age BS)

View attachment 28507

also, i just minutes ago, I emailed Kimber to compliment the gunsmith's work.

i find it easy for many of us to gripe about someone, but not always compliment them, when they deserve it.

but when someone "does me right", i give them the compliment(s) they earned

here is some of what I emailed to Kimber....(just gonna leave out personal information)

================================================================

Hello

I thought it would be a good idea to compliment the gunsmith that repaired my Kimber 2 tone recently.

REF NO:

Customer ID:

Repair:

I took my newly repaired Kimber to the range this morning, (disregard the date on the photo of the target, I thought it was already July)

And this 1911 shoots like no tomorrow..!!

I couldn't be any more happier than I am with the skills of the gunsmith, and I highly appreciate his time, effort, skills and dedication. ( I just don't know his name)

I also appreciate the man I originally spoke to on the phone, who took down my information, and his name is "Bruce", a fine, very polite,
gentleman you have there on the phone(s).

I am attaching a photo of todays range visit, and by golly, this is what it's all about...(except screwing up today's date...lol)

Much appreciated
Very Nice !
All the way around 👍
Great day

well after now just over 2 weeks from going to the range, i went yesterday and took 1 of my revolvers, and 1 of my .22's, and had a blast.

today i went back and this time took my Beretta 92 FS, and did quite well. it's been like 4 months since it's last range visit.

the first target was to "practice" and the range equipment was going haywire.......literally...it would not stop, then it would back up, and go forward.....kinda made for some interesting practice.

i didn't want to change lanes.

1664296993501.png

then the RSO, had to "sight in" a Savage 308 rifle, they bought, to be put onto the rentals.

he let me and another shooter, try it out. 1 shot each of us...

dang, i did not expect the kick...

but i hit the target, nearly dead center.

i just could not take pics, i don't carry my camera with me, i wait till i get home to take pics.

Got 2 Colts here, my Colt Classic also, sold my 2 Kimber’s, so I am down a couple, but not for long
that's the thing about my collection. i once had more 9mm's that 1911's. but once i bought that first 1911, i was hooked.

i sold it to another buddy of mine, and even though it was my first, i have no regrets, he enjoys it.

but i have of late, been whittling down my 9mm's, saving only the best, like my Beretta 92FS, CZ 75 B, Hellcat, and the stallworth G-17.

i'd much rather have a 1911 for the range, and the occasional 9mm from time to time.

then my few revolvers, which i NEED to get to the range more often as well. but at this point and time, i have no ambition to buy more revolvers.

various models of, Kimber, DW, S/A, Tisas, Colt, are in my mini collection..

although too, i had to sell off 2 RIA's....and that was "because i had to", and from what others have told me, "sometimes, you gotta do, what you gotta do"....

Back