testtest

Alec Baldwin charged...!!

Was it ever determined how live ammunition even made its way into the prop room and/or the set, and if the armorer had any firearm/ammo training in regards to SAO firearm props, blank ammo, or even who had access and/or loaded or cocked the prop gun beforehand.

Guess that’s why there’ll be a trial. Death by lawful act is manslaughter, but the amount of contributing negligence and recklessness will have to be determined.

Btw, his attitude, boorish displays and bad temperament (past or present) along with the ”I didn’t pull the trigger” defense testimonies on talk shows were not enough to convince anyone to just sweep it under the celebrity carpet of immunity - regardless of firearm ignorance.

Show me where basic firearms rule are ACTUALLY THE LAW.

Using your logic, even if it’s a lump of inert plastic—dummy gun, that is—if you point it someone (who also knows it’s a dummy gun), you’re “letting the muzzle cover something that you’re willing to destroy”…violating rule 2, and should be charged with assault with a deadly weapon.

See how silly your logic is?
That’s not my logic, the logic is that if you point a loaded firearm at someone and pull the trigger you’re responsible if the gun goes off and puts a bullet in that person.

If you don’t follow basic firearm safety rules while handling firearms that makes you stupid and irresponsible, if by not following those rules you end shooting someone that makes you morally (and probably legally) at fault.

Fake guns aren’t capable of shooting people any more than a banana is so your example is non sequator.

As much as I dislike the guy, I don't think he should be charged. He's an idiot actor, he's given props all the time and told what to do with them in front of the screen.

The armorer and producer(s) or whoever would be in charge of the weapon should be charged. jmo
Let's not forget that baldwin cancelled the weapons safety training because they were behind schedule.

Area of Operation, basically where you live and work.
i'd like to move somewhere with a better quality of life. taxes, cost of living, overcrowding, increased regulation on everything, influx of illegals and a host of other reasons makes me want to move. however, there are circumstances that get in the way of picking up and moving right now. within the next 5-8 years we'll have greater flexibility.

Was it ever determined how live ammunition even made its way into the prop room and/or the set, and if the armorer had any firearm/ammo training in regards to SAO firearm props, blank ammo, or even who had access and/or loaded or cocked the prop gun beforehand.

Guess that’s why there’ll be a trial. Death by lawful act is manslaughter, but the amount of contributing negligence and recklessness will have to be determined.

Btw, his attitude, boorish displays and bad temperament (past or present) along with the ”I didn’t pull the trigger” defense testimonies on talk shows were not enough to convince anyone to just sweep it under the celebrity carpet of immunity - regardless of firearm ignorance.
There were using the prop guns for target shooting between takes. There are reports of live ammunition being found all over the set. There are reports of staff walking off the set because of the obvious poor safety conditions and several near accidents.

This is Hanna Guiterrezz-Reed whom they hired as the productions Armorer....
83.jpg

Just a few months before this production, supposedly she was in some huge conflict with Nicholas Cage for doing the same thing, handing him a pistol that should have been unloaded and clear to find a live round loaded in it. Cage caught the mistake it before it caused a deadly accident in a scene with a child actor....

i'd like to move somewhere with a better quality of life. taxes, cost of living, overcrowding, increased regulation on everything, influx of illegals and a host of other reasons makes me want to move. however, there are circumstances that get in the way of picking up and moving right now. within the next 5-8 years we'll have greater flexibility.
Well I understand having a spouse who really objects to moving. I was, quite a number of years ago now, once offered a position as head of IT for a major bank in Alaska. My wife objected to moving for various reasons, and I turned it down

That has always been one of my what if moments. But one cannot live in the what if...

If these nincompoops were target practicing during off time (???) and then took a lackadaisical approach to on-set safety protocols, seems even more should have culpability, but that’s for the civil or punitive phase.
I’ll have to look it up but vaguely recall another Hollywood prop gun incident involving a discharged blank wad that caused serious injury or death to someone on the set.

The Hollywood elite all grandstand on an issues of social justice but as soon as whatever affects them…they Blame someone else.
It wasn’t us, it was the other kids.

”I did not have digital manipulations with that firearm.”

If these nincompoops were target practicing during off time (???) and then took a lackadaisical approach to on-set safety protocols, seems even more should have culpability, but that’s for the civil or punitive phase.
I’ll have to look it up but vaguely recall another Hollywood prop gun incident involving a discharged blank wad that caused serious injury or death to someone on the set.

The Hollywood elite all grandstand on an issues of social justice but as soon as whatever affects them…they Blame someone else.
It wasn’t us, it was the other kids.

”I did not have digital manipulations with that firearm.”

Brandon Lee was killed when he was also accidently shot by a live cartridge.

As i remember There was a young actor in a TV show called Alias Smith And Jones who was playing with a revolver loaded with blanks and killed himself when he pulled the trigger with it to his head. Nope that is incorrect the actor killed himself. Now I have to figure who I sm thinking about.

Jon Huxam out the revolver to his head and shot himself with the blank and died.

Last edited:
Coming from New Mexico I can tell you that this is just a BS deal. Have waited over a year to file charges and i'm pretty safe in saying that he will most likely get off. This state is pathetic! Criminals have more rights than the law abiding citizens. Guy who was running for office that shot up houses here was a felon but some judge said it was alright for him to run for office! WTF!! Until the people here pull their stupid heads out nothing is going to change. I have watched this state go down the crapper for 30 years! The only thing that changes here is the direction of the wind.

It’s obvious we all have different ideas on what this moron should be charged with, for me it’s murder but that’s unrealistic for many reasons.
From what I just heard on the news is the two that are going to be charged, and if upheld in court they will get (maybe) 18 months each.
It’s also obvious if it was one of us lowly citizens “no disrespect” we would most likely be in jail not walking around free.

Maybe if nothing else it ruins his acting career.
I think he sucks anyway.

Preaching to the choir here but this is my response on another forum.

EVERYONE should know and follow gun safety rules. PERIOD! Whether you are a "gun person" or not you should know and follow the safety rules. Gun safety should start at home at a young age and continue into elementary school. If you haven't or don't teach your children gun safety you are part of the problem.

If these rules were followed this wouldn't be an issue.

The 4 universal rules of gun safety are:

1. Treat all guns as if they are always loaded.
  2. Never let the muzzle point at anything that you are not willing to destroy.
  3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on target and you have made the decision to shoot.
  4. Be sure of your target and what is behind it.

I get it was a movie set however if you know and follow the rules religiously you have the awareness to make sure this incident doesn't happen.

Never should there be live ammo on a movie set. NEVER. The armorer is an idiot of the highest order. I don't know everything that happened, was he supposed to point the gun at her while acting? if not and he pointed it at her and pulled the trigger he is a moron and deserves what he gets.

Seems i heard him say he was joking around, you never joke by doing that even if it was a prop gun. The armorer should get the bulk of the sentence since she allowed live ammo on the set and didn't check the guns before shooting. It's a bad case of two idiots that killed a woman. I think Baldwin will probably not get much time if any, the armorer should get more.

This whole ordeal could have been prevented with some basic knowledge of how to handle firearms, regardless of whether it was on a movie set or not.
There is a lot of blame to go around, from baldwin to the armorer to the director to the guys plinking with the gun earlier in the day.
In the end a kid lost his mom, a husband lost his wife and her parents lost their daughter.

I heard today something that may change my opinion. Apparently there were other accidental discharges and safety issues on this set previous to the deadly incident, which Baldwin knew about and, as the producer, did nothing about. Even skipping a meeting on these safety issues because they were running behind schedule.

Now that could be criminal negligence.

I hate Baldwin as much as the next guy, but he won’t be convicted. Know why? Because he isn’t guilty of involuntary manslaughter. Having just sat on a jury that convicted a drunk driver who killed 3 people, including a 4 month old baby, of 3 counts of involuntary manslaughter I understand what that charge means. It means causing the death of someone through criminal negligence. I think calling Baldwin’s failure to check the chamber of the movie prop gun for live ammo criminal negligence is ridiculous. It’s not SOP for actors to check prop guns for live ammo. If it was every action movie actor in history is guilty of the same thing.
Succinctly put. Any one who has read my previous posts on this issue will know that I think Baldwin is a worm and my feelings on his character have not changed but I was blown away when that was announced.

Back