testtest

Gas prices...

Just a thought, If Energy companies who claim to be 100% renewable with solar/wind etc why are they still putting prices up citing Increase in wholesale Gas? When they claim not to use any in the production of energy?

I've said it before but I have plastic aquarium plants more sentient than he. That said, he's not the one in charge. He's a puppet
no, he's not in charge, never was. never will be.

someday, we WILL have a president once again, that knows how to run things.

as for going "all electric" with cars, screw them. that will never happen on a mass scale. there will always be gasoline, and diesel powered vehicles. time to make sure EVERYONE gets up off thier "duffs", and do what's right in November

Exactly AND nobody is talking about when the battery fails in that all electric vehicle, the cost of replacement for both the battery and labor would be cost prohibitive. They need to focus on Hybrids that have both a smaller gas engine and a battery.
I totally agree hybrids with gasoline engine that’s my next ride but I have plenty of life left in my Toyota rav 4 yet to go

What's going on? Has the war in Russia affected gas prices?
gas prices going insane due to............

1) it's Trump's fault

2) it's Biden's fault

3) it's Kamela Harris' fault

4) it's those dang minions from @Annihilator 's fault

5) it's Disney's fault

6) it's Al Gore's fault

7) it's a HUGE conspiracy of all the oil, natural gas, electric, and coal mine's, solar and windmill's fault........

Last edited:
4) it's those dang minions from @Annihilator 's fault
BF6B6E6C-09D0-4BB2-9426-9FE06B8621D9.gif

All this talk and push towards EVs is typical overreaction when the pendulum swings too far in the opposite direction. The actual impact on the environment is far worse than you may think. But not only that, I can't help but think what would happen if an area was forced to evacuate due to an approaching hurricane or some other disastrous event... and the majority of vehicles were electric. Can you imagine the crowds fighting over their place online at the charging stations? Or the number of abandoned vehicles along the roadway that couldn't make it to a charge station. The link below is well worth your time!

The Contradictions of Battery Operated Vehicles | TED Talkhttps://www.ted.com › talks › graham_conway_the_contr...

All this talk and push towards EVs is typical overreaction when the pendulum swings too far in the opposite direction. The actual impact on the environment is far worse than you may think. But not only that, I can't help but think what would happen if an area was forced to evacuate due to an approaching hurricane or some other disastrous event... and the majority of vehicles were electric. Can you imagine the crowds fighting over their place online at the charging stations? Or the number of abandoned vehicles along the roadway that couldn't make it to a charge station. The link below is well worth your time!

The Contradictions of Battery Operated Vehicles | TED Talkhttps://www.ted.com › talks › graham_conway_the_contr...
and how many people will even think to have the battery recharged before leaving?

(same number as how many will gas up thier cars)......almost...NONE.

not too many. as many will be rushing about gathering supplies, like food, water, medicines, clothing, maybe get to the banks for money.

a near secondary, "perfect storm" of kaos, on top of the impending kaotic natural event(s).

Last edited:
It'll cause more pollution going green and the power grid all over will die! It's like having your land line, cable mobile bill from 1 company! You will get controlled! When and if everything goes electric, we will be under their control!

I'm all for alternative energy. I don't like the mandates and the govt FORCING it. I also don't think wind and solar are the way to go. Look at California and Germany. Brown outs in both places. Germany actually sells its excess energy at a net LOSS. Nuclear isn't even being brought into the conversation which doesn't make sense if you actually want to get away from oil and get energy independent.

No matter the energy sources that we have today , including EVs , there will be harm done to the environment. There simply is no way to avoid it as of yet.

Coal is still one of the main fuels used to produce electricity , which is what you need to recharge your electric vehicle.

The electric grid of today , and probably many years to come , can not handle the demand that would be brought about by going to solely EVs in the near future. They need to get the electric grid updated by about 4 times what it is now and they should do that before they start cutting our throats by trying to delete oil and gas fuels.

$4.99.9 regular 87 octane to $5.79.9 premium 93 octane here at home yesterday. Luckily, my car gets an average of about 32 mpg city and 37 mpg highway if I'm careful with the loud pedal and stay out of the dual-stage turbo. Paid $5.89.9 in NY and Maine last week for premium 93 octane which gives me better mileage and performance than 91 or 87. I use premium 100% synthetic oil which Mobil 1 says is good for 10,000 miles but change it at 5000 miles. I use a Wix XP Oil Filter, which they say is good for 15,000 miles but gets changed with the oil. We use the Wix filters on the sprint car (different model) and I get mine in bulk for about $8 each. Also keep my K&N Cold Air Air Performance System clean, which recommends cleaning at 50,000 miles. I clean when I notice excess dirt in the filter or on the Outerwears Pre-Filter. Up to this time, I only need to slip off the Outerwears and throw it in the washer. I haven't reached 50,000 on the K&N yet and it still looks good. My car is a 2014 with 75,000 miles and all is well. Maybe I'm overdoing it, but I get better mileage and performance than others I know with the same car. 45 years on sprint car pit crews has taught me a lot.

Edit for punctuation and to correct auto correct.

Last edited:
I'm all for alternative energy. I don't like the mandates and the govt FORCING it. I also don't think wind and solar are the way to go. Look at California and Germany. Brown outs in both places. Germany actually sells its excess energy at a net LOSS. Nuclear isn't even being brought into the conversation which doesn't make sense if you actually want to get away from oil and get energy independent.
Nuclear only makes sense long term; it takes nearly a decade to get a plant built and running…if it can the permits.

Problem is, after Fukushima, nuclear is a hard sell…let alone the fact that there is no place to (safely) deposit spent fuel.

Back