testtest

How to Choose Your First Semi-Auto Handgun

i think what was/is missing from the article is going to a range and see if they rent all sorts of guns, in all sorts of calibers. never mind the people especially a friend that says, "You NEED a Glock........."it's the ONLY gun you'll ever need or want"....

nooooo......one needs to "test a variety of guns", first, then decide for him/herself what is best.

cost are factors as well. if 1 9mm is selling for $800 and another is going for $500, does this mean the $800 is better..????

noooo...many times it's solely the name, that commands the pricing.

Two ways to start a hobby,

Get the cheapest most basic item you can, learn what you want or like, then go an invest it an actual good item that best fits your needs and you'll enjoy for the duration....

-OR-

Do lots of research, talk to lots of folks and find out what you think you'll like best and buy it...

I started with a cheap Ruger 22/45 .22lr MkIII, the fact it was designed to help train for the 1911 was a bonus in my view..

I also disagree with the advice that everyone should start with .22lr as their first pistol... ...if you're going to go the route of something cheap and basic to start off with, yes, a .22lr pistol would be perfect.... ...but you know you want a certain 9mm or .45 ACP pistol, I believe you can start out just fine with that kind of pistol, there will just be a longer initial learning period cause it will be a little more challenging....

I know I'm not the only one, that the first time I ever shot a pistol was after I joined the military, and it was a full sized 1911 .45 ACP. Other the M9 in 9mm. Sure, the first couple of sessions I was all over the place, but with a little coaching, it wasn't but the third session I was shooting just fine....

I have never fired a gun, lookin to see what i should begin with.
Shoot different guns in different calibers. (If you can rent some at your local range)

Shoot a Striker fire polymer, shoot an all steel 1911. Shoot some 45ACP, shoot some 9mm, heck, shoot some 22.

You'll quickly see how different each one is and you'll know what 'felt' the best for you.

Personally, the Prodigy is my favorite to shoot, hands down, but might be completely different for you.

I mighta lied a little.:devilish:
DF95CF3F-B614-4CA7-B4A2-4C0150E26353.gif

Two ways to start a hobby,

Get the cheapest most basic item you can, learn what you want or like, then go an invest it an actual good item that best fits your needs and you'll enjoy for the duration....

-OR-

Do lots of research, talk to lots of folks and find out what you think you'll like best and buy it...

I started with a cheap Ruger 22/45 .22lr MkIII, the fact it was designed to help train for the 1911 was a bonus in my view..

I also disagree with the advice that everyone should start with .22lr as their first pistol... ...if you're going to go the route of something cheap and basic to start off with, yes, a .22lr pistol would be perfect.... ...but you know you want a certain 9mm or .45 ACP pistol, I believe you can start out just fine with that kind of pistol, there will just be a longer initial learning period cause it will be a little more challenging....

I know I'm not the only one, that the first time I ever shot a pistol was after I joined the military, and it was a full sized 1911 .45 ACP. Other the M9 in 9mm. Sure, the first couple of sessions I was all over the place, but with a little coaching, it wasn't but the third session I was shooting just fine....
when i took my gun lesson, the RSO recommended that i start small, with a .38

i followed his recommendation to the "T"....and bought 2.....9mm's

of course now, and in less that the now 3 YEARS i started in January of 2020, i have a mini collection of

22's, 38's, 357's, 45's, and 45 ACP's, and 2 reloading presses,

that i should expand my knowledge and collection, by adding a LARS rocket launcher, a bazooka, a Sherman and Abrams tanks, and maybe, just maybe a Pink Cadillac......

i should be "well rounded" in my collection and well thought of in my neighborhood.....

when i took my gun lesson, the RSO recommended that i start small, with a .38

i followed his recommendation to the "T"....and bought 2.....9mm's

of course now, and in less that the now 3 YEARS i started in January of 2020, i have a mini collection of

22's, 38's, 357's, 45's, and 45 ACP's, and 2 reloading presses,

that i should expand my knowledge and collection, by adding a LARS rocket launcher, a bazooka, a Sherman and Abrams tanks, and maybe, just maybe a Pink Cadillac......

i should be "well rounded" in my collection and well thought of in my neighborhood.....
A6FCBC18-E4CC-4B0B-9F98-765F17F12577.gif

When I had my motorcycle I had a neighborhood dog continually chase me, so I filled mine with ammonia.
After a couple of well placed shots to the face me and the dog came to an understanding...
when i had motorcycles, i could mess up a dogs "timing" by slowing down or speeding up... as i saw them approaching....it always worked.

they have an innate ability to time things to the nano second.

confounding the dog(s) was funny

Back