testtest

I Must Be the Only One

Welp, we have Curmudgeons, Cretins and another one i forgot, now we have a deplorable.
1700158056930.gif

I never had an urge to get an AR; My tastes ran more to super accurate long range varmint rifles. The last one I has was a superb Remington 40XB-BR in cal .22 BR. Canjar LP trigger set to 4 ounces and a Leupold scope boosted to 24x by Wally Seibert. That thing was wickedly accurate and was a great Groundhog rifle but it went to someone else when I made the move to Illinois. Of course now it would be vilified as a deadly sniper rifle.

I always liked the Mini-14 better, same caliber but more like a scaled down M1/M14.
i have one too. fun a hell to shoot. accurate enough for me. did you do anything to it or do you run it stock?
i swapped the gas port bushing for a smaller one so brass doesn't land in pennsylvania from nj. added tech sights so the irons are usable. i also added an ultimak rail for a forward mounted rds. it is fun to tinker with.

I also don't like the looks of the AR platform rifles. Back around 1980 I bought a Mini 14 and loved that little rifle. I am a wood and blue steel kind of guy also. Many complain about the accuracy of the mini 14 but I made head shots on groundhogs the few times I tried.

Around 2008 - 2009 , I bought an AR 15. Fist thing I noticed when I fired it was a twang , every time I pulled the trigger , in the tube right next to my ear. I hated that. I didn't have anywhere to shoot more than 100 yards and it was plenty accurate at that range but so was the mini 14 . True the AR was probably shot a little tighter group but for plinking , shooting a Coyote once in a while , and a groundhog here and there the mini did everything I wanted and was more pleasing to my eyes.

I sold that AR 15 in 2010 and never looked back.

Then the gun grabbers started talking about banning them and I started thinking about buying one again. Before I could my state ( Illinois ) banned them along with a lot of other firearms that most don't realize. When we get this ban kicked to the curb I may buy one but it will be a piston driven AR .

I also don't like the looks of the AR platform rifles. Back around 1980 I bought a Mini 14 and loved that little rifle. I am a wood and blue steel kind of guy also. Many complain about the accuracy of the mini 14 but I made head shots on groundhogs the few times I tried.

Around 2008 - 2009 , I bought an AR 15. Fist thing I noticed when I fired it was a twang , every time I pulled the trigger , in the tube right next to my ear. I hated that. I didn't have anywhere to shoot more than 100 yards and it was plenty accurate at that range but so was the mini 14 . True the AR was probably shot a little tighter group but for plinking , shooting a Coyote once in a while , and a groundhog here and there the mini did everything I wanted and was more pleasing to my eyes.

I sold that AR 15 in 2010 and never looked back.

Then the gun grabbers started talking about banning them and I started thinking about buying one again. Before I could my state ( Illinois ) banned them along with a lot of other firearms that most don't realize. When we get this ban kicked to the curb I may buy one but it will be a piston driven AR .
I hear ya. I considered a m&p15 sport just to have it if a ban went through. I always managed to buy something else. Also, i’d have to alter it to make it nj legal.

I wasn't an AR guy until I had to qualify with one every year on active duty.
I didn't own my first one until mid-2000.
Now I own a dozen, or more, I'm no quite sure of the exact number.
But, I love my walnut and steel too, even though I shoot the Stoner often, and well.
But such is the joy of being able to own what we want.....

Back