testtest

If you were going to buy a new muscle car.........

Which American muscle car would you buy today?

• Dodge Challenger

Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Chevy Camaro

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Ford Mustang

Votes: 12 50.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1580959525466.png

Very fast and sleek.........

All manufacturers have problems. It’s how they deal with them.

If only they can all be like Lexus.........

---------------

"Mustang."
"Hellcat."

All these animal names........

I present to you, Bike Joring -

Yeah, I didn't know that this was a thing, either, until one of the veterinary techs here at work was featured on the employee exhibition board, and she had pix of her and her dog doing this.

She showed me her stats from just the week before, a "light week," and her dog averaged 19 MPH over something like 10 miles each day!

As long as you don’t get the horrific MT-82 manual and luck out and not have your whole dash removed for the heater coil or whatever it is. Also pray your EPAS steering motor does not die in 5,000 miles. My ‘13 went through two in 11,000 miles. My ‘15 GT had a bad one and the dealer said Ford now calls it normal and refused to fix it.

All manufacturers have problems. It’s how they deal with them. Ford customer service is shamefully bad, and their products need good service.

Then I bought a ‘17 5.0 F150 and it was unbelievable. Loose wrist pin at 5,000 miles and Ford refused to even consider fixing a grossly defective engine. Never again. Traded it and I’m done with Ford.

I will give you that the Chinese MT82 is a real piece of work. HAH! Notchy at best when cold and a little less so when warm. It certainly ain't no Muncie and it ain't even on a par with a Top Loader. Guess that's why they put Tremecs in the GT350s.

Anyway, my '15 GT Perf Pac didn't have any of the problems you describe. The back up camera took a **** but was covered under the warranty. That said, it was fun to drive, handled well, was quick enough and got really good mileage on the highway. Would I buy another ... probably a GT350/500.

The Mustang and my '13 4Runner Limited became my '19 4Runner, Limited Nightshade with a Magnuson supercharger. Not exactly a muscle car, but way more muscle that stock. Hey, I may be an old fart, but I still got a hair trigger right foot. LOL!

I've restored cars and it was fun...to a point. I learned a lot. That said, you spend a ton of time and money bringing a car or truck back to a point where it's looking good and safe/fun to drive. The problem is you've just put a lot of effort into bringing it to a point where it more than likely would struggle to hang with a modern muscle car. So, I decided that I would change it up. Rather than spending all my time and money bringing a classic back to a reasonable level, I wanted to spend my time and money taking a modern muscle car to an elite level.

After doing my homework, I bought a new S550 Mustang GT. The entry cost for the car was reasonable. The list of very doable upgrades is seemingly endless. Notice I didn't buy a GT350 or a GT500. When your entry cost starts to climb you start to think twice about modifications. Besides, I watched a GT with a Whipple stomp on a stock GT350 and the guy with the GT paid a heck of a lot less.

I'm taking my time with my mods with the latest being a Corsa Xtreme cat back. Combining a Coyote with a Corsa Xtreme is about as magical as it gets for how a V8 should sound. I've done everything myself so far which is a large part of point. Paying someone to work on my car just doesn't feel right.

In the end, I encourage everyone to buy what you think is cool. Practicality doesn't apply. It's all about fun and if you find yourself having to explain it to someone...you're wasting your time...they'll likely never understand.

I've restored cars and it was fun...to a point. I learned a lot. That said, you spend a ton of time and money bringing a car or truck back to a point where it's looking good and safe/fun to drive. The problem is you've just put a lot of effort into bringing it to a point where it more than likely would struggle to hang with a modern muscle car. So, I decided that I would change it up. Rather than spending all my time and money bringing a classic back to a reasonable level, I wanted to spend my time and money taking a modern muscle car to an elite level.

After doing my homework, I bought a new S550 Mustang GT. The entry cost for the car was reasonable. The list of very doable upgrades is seemingly endless. Notice I didn't buy a GT350 or a GT500. When your entry cost starts to climb you start to think twice about modifications. Besides, I watched a GT with a Whipple stomp on a stock GT350 and the guy with the GT paid a heck of a lot less.

I'm taking my time with my mods with the latest being a Corsa Xtreme cat back. Combining a Coyote with a Corsa Xtreme is about as magical as it gets for how a V8 should sound. I've done everything myself so far which is a large part of point. Paying someone to work on my car just doesn't feel right.

In the end, I encourage everyone to buy what you think is cool. Practicality doesn't apply. It's all about fun and if you find yourself having to explain it to someone...you're wasting your time...they'll likely never understand.

Like I said, I really liked my S550 but wish I could have gotten an automatic with the PP, without gettin' the CA Special. Not a big fan of all the chrome. Plasti Dipped all the badges on mine. Yep, low entry level and easily modded to surpass either the Camero or Charger ... within reason. Just sayin'.

Like I said, I really liked my S550 but wish I could have gotten an automatic with the PP, without gettin' the CA Special. Not a big fan of all the chrome. Plasti Dipped all the badges on mine. Yep, low entry level and easily modded to surpass either the Camero or Charger ... within reason. Just sayin'.
That was a whole other consideration...manual or auto. I drove both and was open minded about the possibilities with the auto. I went round and round on this and eventually landed on a black GT Premium with an automatic. No regrets. The auto is fast. I can accept that a machine can shift smoother than I can. :cool: The only chrome on mine was the pony and the GT emblems.

That was a whole other consideration...manual or auto. I drove both and was open minded about the possibilities with the auto. I went round and round on this and eventually landed on a black GT Premium with an automatic. No regrets. The auto is fast. I can accept that a machine can shift smoother than I can. :cool: The only chrome on mine was the pony and the GT emblems.

According to the road tests (for the '15's) the auto is .1 sec quicker. I bounced mine off the limiter more than twice. Always feared the 1-2-1 shift. HAH! Not sure of your preference for chrome, but mine is ... only lugnuts and tail pipes. HEH!

DSC_0795r.JPG
DSC_0791r.JPG

Mustang. Of the three top models, its the fastest. The doge is too heavy and the chevy loses its launch from 60-100mph. The ford just keeps pulling and has the better launch control system.

If you were going to buy a new American muscle car today, which would you get and why?
The first new car I purchased was a Banana Yellow, Dodge Challenger R/T, 440 six-pack with a automatic transmission and a 4:10 rear. It was a monster. I regret to this day I ever sold it. So if I was in the market for a new muscle car noe it would be the Challenger.

Mustang. Of the three top models, its the fastest. The doge is too heavy and the chevy loses its launch from 60-100mph. The ford just keeps pulling and has the better launch control system.
Unless it’s a Dodge Challenger SRT Demon........

The numbers: 840 horsepower; 770 lb-ft of torque—the world's most powerful production car V8 engine. 2.3 seconds 0-60 (world's fastest for a production car), 5.1 seconds to 100 mph. Quarter-mile: 9.65 seconds at 140 mph, the world's fastest production car quarter-mile, as certified by the NHRA. In fact, that's so dang fast, Dodge says the car is "officially banned by the NHRA" for being too quick for a production car to run at a drag strip without a cage.

Last edited:
Dodge Hellcat, Shelby Mustang1000( new model: 1000 HP), Dodge Viper (owned a first generation yellow one - sorry I sold it)
Not a fan of Chevys although I had a 1949 Chevy Truck that was fun to drive. Also had a 1959 Chevy Biscayne that was a horrible car.

As a few of you know, I was in LA two weeks ago accompanying my wife on one of her work conferences. I'm pretty much her emotional support animal for flying :ROFLMAO:, and she thinks that the fee that I charge for such services is pretty low - I simply insist on a rental vehicle for the duration of the trip, mainly so that I can go and do what I want to do during the day, while she's working.

I was shocked at the rental car prices in LA, but was able to find reasonable deals through Sixt, which is a company that I'd never heard of before, but is apparently a known-quantity in Europe. With little to lose, I thought that I'd give it a try.

The experience turned out to be a pretty smooth one: I wanted to try the new Ford Explorer, but they didn't have one, yet - so got to drive around So-Cal in a 2020 Grand Cherokee, which actually wasn't bad!

I wanted to get a car that's much more fun, though (last time we did this, I got an Audi A8) - but despite us spending our own money on the trip, she didn't want bad optics because she's now in a relatively high position in the institution. So you can imagine my disappointment when I saw this parked in their garage, and I wasn't the one with the key:

Next time.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back