testtest

Let's see your AR setups...

Not necessarily. The excess gas is bleed out the front of the adjustable gas block with some designs. Superlative Arms gas blacks are some of the most popular and recommended. They are my go to. Simply and easily adjust the flow to coincide with the type of ammo you are using if need be.

Well I currently don't have any surpurlative GB in use or any other brands that do. I have bought 2 before that we're just total failures. With a very short barrel (under 8') and a 308 based cartridge the GB can't vent it fast enough for the volume of gas there is? Some can be expuled with the use of certain types of chargehandles (out of the face).

My daily patrol rifle. SA Saint with an Aimpoint Pro.

Attachments

• IMG_20221008_161014.jpg
    IMG_20221008_161014.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 113
View attachment 335Waiting on a scope for this one, the upper is a Straightjacket rifle barrel system, available from Dracos straightjacket for new ones or the teludyne custom shop for aftermarket. Product plug here: after a lifetime (almost) of chasing the best of everything that pertained to shooting high powered rifles for accuracy, I have never found a system that shoots consistently better than this technology, this barrel system will pile bullet on top of bullet no matter how long your string of fire is. There is a lot of info on the web.
I'm a Hatfield, too! Done any genealogy work on your branch of the Hatfield family? I've got mine traced back to Wales.

View attachment 335Waiting on a scope for this one, the upper is a Straightjacket rifle barrel system, available from Dracos straightjacket for new ones or the teludyne custom shop for aftermarket. Product plug here: after a lifetime (almost) of chasing the best of everything that pertained to shooting high powered rifles for accuracy, I have never found a system that shoots consistently better than this technology, this barrel system will pile bullet on top of bullet no matter how long your string of fire is. There is a lot of info on the web.
I know the upper is an AP product (handguard for sure and possible the receiver). I have a buttstock like that also and put a 100 round mag under it and sometimes a 60. I've been thing about a ba barrel from straightjacket (possibly a carbon fiber)?

Long range fun:cool:
How do you like the cf barrel? What cartridge is it in and manufacturer? I have a few cf barrels also, but in 6.5creed and 260rem. 2 (6.5 creed and 260rem) are proof and 1 creed barrel is a bsf. I bought them for weight savings on light weight builds, but have a cbi barrel (not cf) that out shoots them all.

if it were me...I don't think 4 nearly identical guns would have been my MY hot pick. I love me some 300AAC, but I also like to shoot subs. I like to have some variety in my like caliber arms. different tools for different work, so to speak. but to each their own I guess. carry on.

if it were me...I don't think 4 nearly identical guns would have been my MY hot pick. I love me some 300AAC, but I also like to shoot subs. I like to have some variety in my like caliber arms. different tools for different work, so to speak. but to each their own I guess. carry on.
I don't shoot subs in pistols or rifles. I do however have different barrel lengths for different bullet weights per specific velocities.

Sorry i posted them, didn't mean to put them up to be called stupid more or less for having four of the same, Sheesh. to me when somebody post a pic of their gun i enjoy seeing them not telling them what's wrong with it. and there is a story behind having them. sorry i offended you and will post no more pics.

Sorry i posted them, didn't mean to put them up to be called stupid more or less for having four of the same, Sheesh. to me when somebody post a pic of their gun i enjoy seeing them not telling them what's wrong with it. and there is a story behind having them. sorry i offended you and will post no more pics.
Dude, you can't let one person's comment stop you from posting. Most of us are enjoying all your pics. I know I am.
One unfortunate thing about internet forums is A) context doesn't come across in written word unless the author/poster injects that context purposely. Sometimes you gotta have thick skin.

Regarding your 300 AACs. What are the optics/scopes on them? Also I am curious as to why WMLs on the ones with scopes? I think they look great, just curious.

Also I am curious as to why WMLs on the ones with scopes?
About all of my AR's i hunt with and the lights are there to walk to and from hunting stands. i hate carrying a flashlight in my pocket and sometimes i walk 4 to 500 yards in the dark. The two FDE scoped ones are set up for deer and hog hunting. The optics are cheapies but work well, top one is a Konus and bottom one a UTG. the two halo sights are sight mark. The top grey one i use mainly for plinking and keeping water moccasins out of the pond, The bottom grey one was one of those deals i couldn't turn down. guess i could sell a couple but would be like selling a child. lol

About all of my AR's i hunt with and the lights are there to walk to and from hunting stands. i hate carrying a flashlight in my pocket and sometimes i walk 4 to 500 yards in the dark. The two FDE scoped ones are set up for deer and hog hunting. The optics are cheapies but work well, top one is a Konus and bottom one a UTG. the two halo sights are sight mark. The top grey one i use mainly for plinking and keeping water moccasins out of the pond, The bottom grey one was one of those deals i couldn't turn down. guess i could sell a couple but would be like selling a child. lol
See, I knew there was some kind of reasoning behind it. :)

I didn't take or see his comment as implying you're stupid, or you shouldn't post more pics. He simply stated that he likes variety, so he would have four 300blk in different configurations.

I posted pics of my S&W 2.5" 686 revolver in the past. I had others comment they like them, but would rather have it with a 4" barrel for whatever reason.

Pictures were incredible and in a very short time you’ve added great content to the forum, don’t let one person’s comments get to you.
Post away and continue to contribute and share there are more here that enjoy and appreciate that then those that just want to be insensitive.

Back