• Phase 5 safety selector
  • Magpul trigger guard
  • Magpul MOE grip
  • Rogers Super-stock
  • CMC single stage 3.5lb trigger
  • Magpul grip panels
  • Rise Armament sling mount
  • Streamlight Pro-Tac 2
  • 37-coil flat buffer spring (Wilson Combat)

M400 Black and tan.jpeg

Sig M400 "VTAC Elite"
  • Tango MSR 1-6x24 LPVO
  • Strike Industries T-Bone charging handle
  • Phase 5 mag release
  • Phase 5 safety selector
  • Magpul trigger guard
  • Magpul MOE grip
  • Rogers Super-stock
  • CMC single stage 3.5lb trigger
  • Magpul grip panels
  • Rise Armament sling mount
  • Streamlight Pro-Tac 2
  • 37-coil flat buffer spring (Wilson Combat)

View attachment 44961
Oh, that a pwetty one :p What did you use to mount the light (yeah lights are my bag baby :cool:)? Is it on the M-Lok rail?
Looks cool!

Yeah, although now that I think of it (and seeing @USMC6094 beauties), I might bring it back to its original configuration, carry handle, M4 handguard and the USGI stamped mags... Give me a couple days and I'll post it, nostalgia is a very powerful thing. That or just get a $2,600 Colt XM :rolleyes:
Almost back to normal. Definitely keeping the SIG QD compensator and possibly the M-Lok handguard, at least until I find a way to attach the WL properly. But carry handle, stamped USGI mag and Ranger Plate are in at least!

PXL_20231013_124455067.png

Last edited:
I learned a few things today, the most important was how to get Rockset to soften enough to remove a Surefire brake.
I had to jerry rig a hook setup to hold the upper high while brake and muzzle were submerged in boiling water on the stove for about an hour. Then like magic, the brake spun right off.
So now the Armalite is ready for its Warcomp, and less labor intensive was the Mutant, I spun the SIG flash hider off of it and indexed the brake I took off the Armalite.
Anyway, two out of three down as far as new Surefire muzzle devices go.
Pictures to follow.

I learned a few things today, the most important was how to get Rockset to soften enough to remove a Surefire brake.
I had to jerry rig a hook setup to hold the upper high while brake and muzzle were submerged in boiling water on the stove for about an hour. Then like magic, the brake spun right off.
So now the Armalite is ready for its Warcomp, and less labor intensive was the Mutant, I spun the SIG flash hider off of it and indexed the brake I took off the Armalite.
Anyway, two out of three down as far as new Surefire muzzle devices go.
Pictures to follow.
Funny you mention that, I've been battling with my SIG suppressor seizing on the Hellion. Heat gun, freezer, rubber mallet, nothing... I had to get a strap wrench involved to get it out. That was a little bit of a PITA. From now on, Nickel Permatex on all these threads!

Managed to get a neat thermal image of the Hellion temperature distribution before the FLIR software decided that "something went wrong"

F6KjQdSWsAAQR3P.jpg

Last edited:
Almost back to normal. Definitely keeping the SIG QD compensator and possibly the M-Lok handguard, at least until I find a way to attach the WL properly. But carry handle, stamped USGI mag and Ranger Plate are in at least!

View attachment 45168
Took this puppy to the range today and I must say, I noticed how much I missed the barebones, un-tacticool AR-15. Light, swift, target acquisition a breeze, accuracy is awesome, recoil is minimal. And with the SIG suppressor on it, it is simply the coolest! I might strip it entirely (no light :eek:) , and certainly will buy another one as the backup of the backup :p

Last edited:
Back