testtest

Off To The Doctor Today

So as I prepare for eventually driving with one arm/hand, of course not right away I’ve been thinking about a steering assist, they call them so many different things, a “spinner” round knob that attaches to the steering wheel.
3735DF3B-AFFB-4762-81DD-152D451FFF7B.jpeg

Found one today and installed it in about 5 minutes. Honestly I don’t know why I waited so long, what a dream it is to steer with that, almost effortless.

They are not legal here in the state of Illinois. Why you might ask , well it is because we who live in the " Land of Lincoln " are not smart enough to take care of ourselves . Our political people have to look after us. :mad:

They are legal on farm equipment .

They are not legal here in the state of Illinois. Why you might ask , well it is because we who live in the " Land of Lincoln " are not smart enough to take care of ourselves . Our political people have to look after us. :mad:

They are legal on farm equipment .
I can NOT for the life of me think of a reason they should be illegal. Crazy.

So as I prepare for eventually driving with one arm/hand, of course not right away I’ve been thinking about a steering assist, they call them so many different things, a “spinner” round knob that attaches to the steering wheel. View attachment 26597
Found one today and installed it in about 5 minutes. Honestly I don’t know why I waited so long, what a dream it is to steer with that, almost effortless.
I use to work for Mack trucks the bulldog I had one of those I miss it they were cool

Well I have to retract my statement that they are not legal in Illinois. This is one of those things that get passed from one to another and all down the line and everyone believes to be true when it isn't. I know they were very popular in the 60's and then you stopped seeing them. This is when everyone started saying they weren't legal anymore.

I am sorry for putting out false information . I should have looked it up before posting.

Yea I was working in the warehouse parts dept of Mack and all of a sudden they stop selling them I think it was deem not safe to use still I would like to have one for with the bull dog on it
JC Whitney (now under a new name/owner) used to sell them. i am not sure the legality of them, in any state, but in trucking, if you were a company driver and had one on the steering wheel? the shop removed it, and gave it back to you, and the safety man wanted to talk to you.

for cars, light pick up trucks, i say go for it.

Well I have to retract my statement that they are not legal in Illinois. This is one of those things that get passed from one to another and all down the line and everyone believes to be true when it isn't. I know they were very popular in the 60's and then you stopped seeing them. This is when everyone started saying they weren't legal anymore.

I am sorry for putting out false information . I should have looked it up before posting.
No worries.

and then...there is this..

and then...there is this..

I have even had DOT tell me they were illegal in my commercial vehicle, though I didn’t get written up because they’re not illegal and they couldn’t show me a statute that said they were.

There are often conflicting regulations on retail and wholesale products in many states. Regulating agencies will often point to the department of commerce for responsibility of enforcing the retail sales of illegal products, while the department of commerce will say, "we don't have time to enforce the issue", because of a variety of reasons. Corruption is rampant in the US, in places and government agencies that would surprise us all. I see it in my industry every day ( I sell strictly wholesale to installing contractors who compete with "illegal" products sold legally retail direct to homeowners...it's a mess).

I guess I'm saying that it should be little surprise when something might be illegal, but readily available from a variety of sources.

This usually does not apply to firearms or ammunition...those items are watched carefully, while other items are ignored.

Last thing on the knob I happen to be looking out our window and sure enough Amazon the big delivery service had a knob on his steering wheel go figure and big company in their company truck that tells me they are legal here in California

Back