testtest

Saint AR Pistol Failure

How did you know know that it does not have the Enhanced BCG? I am supposed to pick my Saint Victor Pistol up in the next few days, and I would not want less than promised. How could I check to make sure it is the Enhanced BCG? If it does, do I have a right not to accept transfer and send it back because it is not as described. I had a feeling that with such high demand, shortcuts would be taken to make the money. My online gun company had them, then went out of inventory, and a few days later got some more. I wonder if it is a distributor trying to get rid of a bad batch. Any advice would be appreciated.
Noticeable build difference is the cylindrical shape of the carrier. Less surface area to touch the receiver. Attached is a photo from their website. And second is my actual BCG I received.
IMG_5001.JPG
springfield website.png

Noticeable build difference is the cylindrical shape of the carrier. Less surface area to touch the receiver. Attached is a photo from their website. And second is my actual BCG I received. View attachment 11773View attachment 11774
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. This is disappointing to say the least. There are so many people buying, they thought they could pull this one over on the many people who do not know any better. Do you think I could refuse a transfer from the FFL because of this? It would be like buying a computer with a swapped out graphics card that isn’t as good.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. This is disappointing to say the least. There are so many people buying, they thought they could pull this one over on the many people who do not know any better. Do you think I could refuse a transfer from the FFL because of this? It would be like buying a computer with a swapped out graphics card that isn’t as good.
I've only purchased one firearm online and I purchased from Bud's Gun Shop. I was instructed to inspect and verify everything before signing for the purchase and completing the transfer. If anything was wrong with the shipment, I could decline the purchase and the FFL would return to sender for a refund. Mine came as expected and I love it!

Last edited:
Springfield Changes parts from time to time. What used to come with certain packages or guns change. For example the XD used to come with the extras package now they don’t. At one time the Saints came with hard lockable hard cases, now they don’t. Saints originally all came with BCM Furniture now some use B5 components. Things change and get discontinued, go shot the gun and enjoy It. It still comes with a lifetime warranty, If you can wear out a bolt carrier that is mill spec hats off to you, and when that time happens Springfield will warrant it. If it bothers you that much, sell it and get something that makes you happy. But remember Springfield will have your back down the road.

Last edited:
I've only purchased one firearm online and I purchased from Bud's Gun Shop. I was instructed to inspect and verify everything before signing for the purchase and completing the transfer. If anything was wrong with the shipment, I could decline the purchase and the FFL would return to sender for a refund.
I do admit I could have done my due diligence and try to decline the firearm. That's the part that hurts the most.

Noticeable build difference is the cylindrical shape of the carrier. Less surface area to touch the receiver. Attached is a photo from their website. And second is my actual BCG I received. View attachment 11773View attachment 11774
That's really a non-issue...you know that, right?

It's cosmetics more than function.

As was mentioned earlier—if you can wear out a bolt carrier (not the bolt), you can run a rifle a lot more and/or a lot harder than 99.9% of users, and I’ll tip my hat.

That's really a non-issue...you know that, right?

It's cosmetics more than function.

As was mentioned earlier—if you can wear out a bolt carrier (not the bolt), you can run a rifle a lot more and/or a lot harder than 99.9% of users, and I’ll tip my hat.
In almost 20 years of working on guns, I have never seen someone who wore out a carrier on a semi auto gun. every once in a while the screws will loosen but again you see it more on full auto guns. Bolts that’s different and they are a consumable part. Springfield uses the same bolt HPT/MPI on all of the Saint smaller caliber AR’s to give you the best service life.

In almost 20 years of working on guns, I have never seen someone who wore out a carrier on a semi auto gun. every once in a while the screws will loosen but again you see it more on full auto guns. Bolts that’s different and they are a consumable part. Springfield uses the same bolt HPT/MPI on all of the Saint smaller caliber AR’s to give you the best service life.
I’ve seen one sheared gas key (not mine) and I believe it was on a budget build using a no-name carrier...if that can be considered a carrier failure.

I did see a carrier get FUBAR'd due to a reloading mishap—actually split it in two horizontally—but...I don’t know if a top-dollar carrier would have fared differently.

Well I guess since it's good enough for my DD then it will do in the SA Pistol. Again, the point trying to be made is that I paid more for an "upgrade" part that wasn't there.

View attachment 11781View attachment 11782

Oil the gun up, they like to be run wet especially new. Take it to the range and shoot the snot out of it. When you see how accurate these guns are I promise you won’t regret it.

Not the same but my Edge has been flawless with all the ammo I have used. Good luck. I personally would stop messing around and send it back. You paid good money for this gun and it should work. I slight digression; this is similar to 1911 owners, and I have a few I love but for some reason accept them not performing perfectly and make changes until they do. I BOUGHT IT, I PAID FOR IT. DAMN IT, IT BETTER WORK!

Does anyone have a picture of what the actual BCG should look like for the Saint Victor pistol? The one that is supposed to come with the gun? Also, was this done to the SBA3 or the B5 or both? Would Springfield have this on record if we called the with serial number?

Does anyone have a picture of what the actual BCG should look like for the Saint Victor pistol? The one that is supposed to come with the gun? Also, was this done to the SBA3 or the B5 or both? Would Springfield have this on record if we called the with serial number?
1604518832684.png
1604519535475.png
This is the only view I have of what was supposed to come with it. Mine is the BCM Mod3 with the SBA3 Brace. The shop I bought it from now has the B5 grip with same brace but the above pictured (correct) BCG. I also gave Springfield my serial and they confirmed it was one with a different bolt. But that it was still warrantied.

Last edited:
Back