testtest

Springfield Hellcat Review: Best CCW 9mm Ever

Great review! Anybody here actually have a Hellcat with an optic on it that its theyre carry gun? Im wondering how uncomfortable one of those sights would be digging into your side....
I have and carry it daily. I actually don’t notice the RDS at all when it’s holstered. I carry it AIWB most of the time and carry it OWB in a OWB Upper Hand Holster the rest of the time.

I had been wondering about that as well. I know the Hellcat is small and would carry really easy, but having that hunk of aluminum pressing up against my side seems like it would be uncomfortable. Glad to hear KL has had a good experience with it! I wonder if something like the SMSc (plastic one) would be more comfortable than aluminum — and if it would be worth the relative tradeoff in strngth of the optic (if there is any)....

I had been wondering about that as well. I know the Hellcat is small and would carry really easy, but having that hunk of aluminum pressing up against my side seems like it would be uncomfortable. Glad to hear KL has had a good experience with it! I wonder if something like the SMSc (plastic one) would be more comfortable than aluminum — and if it would be worth the relative tradeoff in strngth of the optic (if there is any)....

I Recommend the RMSc over the SMSc but both are great products.

@KLGunner, what AIWB holster are you using? Was just curious.

@KLGunner, thanks for the link. How long have you been using this holster? I take it you like it?
I like it I’ll admit my favorite holster I’ve found for the Hellcat is the Upper Hand Holster. I’ve bought several holsters and keep going back to that holster. The 1791 holster is very comfortable for me and I absolutely love the versatility of it. If I get tired of carrying it AIWB I can pull it out and put it on my hip.

All of the features of the Hellcat are everything why I won't buy any other micro-compact 9mm, even the Sig P365. In fact, I've been away from 9mm for many years (20 to be exact) and I've been considering getting back into the caliber PRECISELY because of the release of the Hellcat! If I'm going to carry a 9mm as a CCW, or as a backup to my full-size .40's, .45's, or 10MM then I want the one with the greatest capacity yet in the smallest dimensions. And yes, I prefer the big bore calibers but we all know CC'ing a 10MM is tricky at best. Until someone comes out with an even smaller design that holds even more rounds that's reliable enough to flawlessly run 10k rounds (very highly unlikely), I'm gonna make mine a Hellcat.

All of the features of the Hellcat are everything why I won't buy any other micro-compact 9mm, even the Sig P365. In fact, I've been away from 9mm for many years (20 to be exact) and I've been considering getting back into the caliber PRECISELY because of the release of the Hellcat! If I'm going to carry a 9mm as a CCW, or as a backup to my full-size .40's, .45's, or 10MM then I want the one with the greatest capacity yet in the smallest dimensions. And yes, I prefer the big bore calibers but we all know CC'ing a 10MM is tricky at best. Until someone comes out with an even smaller design that holds even more rounds that's reliable enough to flawlessly run 10k rounds (very highly unlikely), I'm gonna make mine a Hellcat.
I have high expectations that you’ll love the Hellcat.

I'm confident that the Hellcat is an excellent handgun. However, "best ever" of anything is opinion.

Knowledge is power.

If a survivor knows of his probable parameters, his handgun choice is simple.

BTW, reference opinion, I prefer handguns with exposed hammers. I have no prejudices against striker fired handguns. I merely prefer hammer fired handguns. The way I see it (I know others have different vision), I find comfort in a hammer fired handgun.

I own a couple double-action revolvers and a couple Sigs, both of which are early P-series. Both of my Sigs are incredibly reliable and extremely accurate. They're far more reliable than any revolver (except maybe Korth). They're both chambered for .40 S&W. Both are double-action semis. I can't write enough positive adjectives about them. I'd recommend Sig P-series to anyone looking for a hammer fired double-action semi. However, as much as I love my Sigs, they're not my first love.

There is a difficult-to-define quality about the 1911-A1. It's American ingenuity. A full-side 1911-A1 has a divine natural point. I feel completely confident writing that me Springfield Armory TRP .45 ACP is my most reliable and accurate handgun, lofty accolades considering my two Sigs. I do own an equally perfect Springfield Armory EMP 3 9MM. Since we're expressing opinions, I'll go with my EMP 3 as the best 9MM concealable handgun. But that's merely my opinion.

BTW, I do have knowledge of semi handgun testing that no revolver could pass. One test involved firing over 10K rounds with zero maintenance and zero cleaning. It never failed to do anything but fire. That test was a sanitized version of semi handgun testing.

I'm confident that the Hellcat is an excellent handgun. However, "best ever" of anything is opinion.

Knowledge is power.

BTW, reference opinion, I prefer handguns with exposed hammers. I have no prejudices against striker fired handguns. I merely prefer hammer fired handguns. The way I see it (I know others have different vision), I find comfort in a hammer fired handgun.

I own a couple double-action revolvers and a couple Sigs, both of which are early P-series. Both of my Sigs are incredibly reliable and extremely accurate. They're far more reliable than any revolver (except maybe Korth). They're both chambered for .40 S&W. Both are double-action semis. I can't write enough positive adjectives about them. I'd recommend Sig P-series to anyone looking for a hammer fired double-action semi. However, as much as I love my Sigs, they're not my first love.

There is a difficult-to-define quality about the 1911-A1. It's American ingenuity. A full-side 1911-A1 has a divine natural point. I feel completely confident writing that me Springfield Armory TRP .45 ACP is my most reliable and accurate handgun, lofty accolades considering my two Sigs. I do own an equally perfect Springfield Armory EMP 3 9MM. Since we're expressing opinions, I'll go with my EMP 3 as the best 9MM concealable handgun. But that's merely my opinion.

BTW, I do have knowledge of semi handgun testing that no revolver could pass. One test involved firing over 10K rounds with zero maintenance and zero cleaning. It never failed to do anything but fire. That test was a sanitized version of semi handgun testing.
I’ll agree on the exposed hammers.

I will also agree on exposed hammers and Usually 1911, Sig, and H&K are my go to guns. Recently I did purchase the Sig P365 and I will say that after 1600 flawless rounds I am impressed and I will carry it on rare occasion although I prefer a larger handgun. I also tried H&K's VP9 a striker handgun because of the upgrade to 17+1 and that it is already cut for an optic. Very nice gun with a very good trigger although I still prefer the hammer P30.

Knowledge is power.

I'm "polyamorous" with regards to hammer, striker, SA, DA/SA, DAO. I love all guns that do their job. That being said, this whole thread is titled to specifically elicit your opinions, and begin a dialogue [Mission Accomplished]. "Best" is ALWAYS a subjective notion with pistols, as it is with ammunition calibers, which is why the debate is neverending. Thanks to everyone for their $.02!

The Glock 43X is my current CCW. Considering the Hellcat OSP. Really liking the smaller profile & optics ready feature.
This weekend I shot my son's 43X using my own loads customized for my Honor Guard 9. He laughed, and I was immensely saddened by the result. I've NEVER shot smaller groups. Of course my son gleefully pointed it out, then insisted on saving the target to show his mom (my loving wife).
Shooting freehand to 7 yards I blew out the center bull. Realize, I am not capable of shooting that well...so it must've been those exquisite hand loads.:p

It was a toss up for me between the Hellcat or the M2 45ACP. I went with the .45ACP for this go around; love the grip and the caliber. It’s a little on the larger side for my carry needs, but concealed is concealed until it comes out; and if it ever does come out, those are some pretty big ashtrays it sends down range. Besides, I’ll be getting the hellcat to add to my collection and rotation of SA somewhere down the road.

Back