testtest

Your favorite Springfield

I bought my first Springfield a XDM 4.5 10mm about 6 months ago which is currently my only Springfield so by default it's my favorite Springfield. I really do like the XDM lineup and will most likely get a 9mm XDM at some point.
Love my XDm OSP 10mm with threaded barrel. I plan on buying the XDm Elite 9mm when it is released. Also with a threaded barrel. I'm with you on liking the XDm line

What is your favorite Springfield Armory gun? Mine has always been the XDm in 9mm, fits my hand great, dependable and reliable. Can’t wait to try the new XDm Elite.

I have two favorites it’s hard for me to choose between I love my Springfield XDM compact 9mm it’s my EDC. But I also love my XD mod.2 4inch service model in 9mm, both are great shooters. Love Springfield Armory.

My own favorite Springfield is my M1A Standard. Wanted to go back to the original design so I replaced the hand guard with a matching walnut hand guard. Also and disappointingly, Springfield no longer offers the flash hider with bayonet lug on this weapon new in the box. However Springfield does offer the flash hider with bayonet lug by ordering direct from Springfield for those that want to pay the extra for it. I did so I got hit for some coins that really should have been saved by Springfield selling the rifle with the hider and lug from the factory, complete! But with that money spent the weapon now looks fairly authentic. I did treat the wood with linseed oil over the first year and that helped bring out the grain and looks also.

springfieldm1a.jpg

Last edited:
My own favorite Springfield is my M1A Standard. Wanted to go back to the original design so I replaced the hand guard with a matching walnut hand guard. Also and disappointingly, Springfield no longer offers the flash hider with bayonet lug on this weapon new in the box. However Springfield does offer the flash hider with bayonet lug by ordering direct from Springfield for those that want to pay the extra for it. I did so I got hit for some coins that really should have been saved by Springfield selling the rifle with the hider and lug from the factory, complete! But with that money spent the weapon now looks fairly authentic. I did treat the wood with linseed oil over the first year and that helped bring out the grain and looks also.

View attachment 906

That is mighty purty.

As of right now it’s my Lightweight Operator 1911. If the XDM Elite comes in 10mm that could be my favorit.

Mine is my M1A Scout Squad. A very accurate rifle that is easy to handle. My TRP 5” 45 is a great shooting pistol that feels like a custom hand fitting job. Very smooth action.

Last edited:
What is your favorite Springfield Armory gun? Mine has always been the XDm in 9mm, fits my hand great, dependable and reliable. Can’t wait to try the new XDm Elite.

My 5.25, 3.8, 3.8 compact XDM’s, and my 4.0 XDS, all in 9mm are my favorites Springfields.

I have 2 1911 45's - full size steel (I carry 1) and a M14 complete model in 308 win (7.62 x 51) all of which I love and the way they handle and shoot. and my gun vault is full!

Back