testtest

Am I the only Revolver Guy left?

I've been very impressed with my K6S. Somehow Kimber waded late into the game, and knocked it out of the park.
View attachment 36264

When I carry a revolver, I generally alternate between the the Kimber and the Colt:

View attachment 36265

That is definitely a solid choice and great revolver. I remember when Grant Cunningham was teasing its arrival and his part in the development of it. What you have is not the one right out of the gate, the original was only a concealed hammer version.

Cunningham made it what he thought was the perfect carry revolver. He added a number of great features and borrowed some from other companies like the Ruger styled cylinder release. The one thing, in my opinion, that keeps it from being a real home run is the one design feature he failed to borrow, a Ruger style peg grip frame. Hand sizes vary so much I think Ruger has the perfect setup for a million possible grip options and the Kimber could really have benefited from it too. I think the full exposed grip frame is a misstep in this day and age.

Last edited:
That is definitely a solid choice and great revolver. I remember when Grant Cunningham was teasing its arrival and his part in the development of it. What you have is not the one right out of the gate, the original was only a concealed hammer version.

Cunningham made it what he thought was the perfect carry revolver. He added a number of great features and borrowed some from other companies like the Ruger styled cylinder release. The one thing, in my opinion, that keeps it from being a real home run is the one design feature he failed to borrow, a Ruger style peg grip frame. Hand sizes vary so much I think Ruger has the perfect setup for a million possible grip options and the Kimber could really have benefited from it too. I think the full exposed grip frame is a misstep in this day and age.

Yes, the DASA model came out a year or so after the DAO. I'm still tempted to pick up the latter at some point, likely in the 3" version.

Agreed on the grip. I run a Hogue grip on mine now, not the walnut grip pictured. It's a huge difference. VZ also makes grips for the K6S as well.

I think this pic is also pretty interesting. This is the K6S next to my S&W 440 Pro for a comparison of cylinder width. Measured with calipers, the K6S is no wider than the 440, but adds an extra round (and is .357 capable):

s4tbTP.jpg

Yes, the DASA model came out a year or so after the DAO. I'm still tempted to pick up the latter at some point, likely in the 3" version.

Agreed on the grip. I run a Hogue grip on mine now, not the walnut grip pictured. It's a huge difference. VZ also makes grips for the K6S as well.

I think this pic is also pretty interesting. This is the K6S next to my S&W 440 Pro for a comparison of cylinder width. Measured with calipers, the K6S is no wider than the 440, but adds an extra round (and is .357 capable):

s4tbTP.jpg
Yeah they did a real sweet job of designing the cylinder and frame to add the extra round. If you have never read Grant Cunnighams works you should give him a try. I have several of his revolver books and I think thry are right up there with Ed Lovettes masterwork, The Snubby Revolver which I consider a must read.

Yeah they did a real sweet job of designing the cylinder and frame to add the extra round. If you have never read Grant Cunnighams works you should give him a try. I have several of his revolver books and I think thry are right up there with Ed Lovettes masterwork, The Snubby Revolver which I consider a must read.
For sure - I've been following Grant for a number of years, and own a couple of his books. Always appreciated his very level-headed approach, and his impressive depth of knowledge when it comes to wheelguns. I'm disppointed he doesn't blog as much as he used to, but I can also understand.

“The 1911 guys make fun of the GLOCK guys, the GLOCK guys make fun the 1911 guys, the H&K guys act like they’re better than everyone else and the revolver people have bingo this afternoon at 3:00pm in day room.”

From a recent TTAG article.
Very nice and damn funny...3pm in the day room 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣
S&W Model 19
Ruger Super Blackhawk
Gen 2 Colt Single Action Army 7.5" at the end of the month

No, you are not the only revolver guy here. I started loving revolvers in the 1950's, I still have a few and carry one every day, i like the thought that if you do have to pull the trigger on a bad guy you will hear a bang. I also have a few pistols but 99 percent of the time i have a revolver only side.

Went to a local show and ended up talking to several others in attendance...The conversation naturally went to the "what's your EDC" talk....When I said my EDC is a Ruger SP101 revolver you would have thought I just confessed to a heinous crime....Strange looks and most folks asked why as their first question...I started as a police officer in 1977 and everyone carried revolvers except for a few 1911 guys...I could carry anything I wanted as long as I could qualify with it...My first duty gun was a 4" Colt Python (which I have to this day) that I purchased for under $275.00,,,It served me well for over 20 years and is by far still my favorite handgun. Do I have semi auto pistols: yes I do...Do I carry them: on occasion yes I do, depends on what area I am traveling to...some parts of town warrant a higher round count...overall though, the SP101 goes with me most anywhere I travel...

The discussion normally gravitated to "you know there are better options, right?" Well, I suppose there may very well be, but for me anyway, my 5 shot revolver is just fine...I am completely familiar with it, it is extremely accurate, I shoot it very well and I prefer it over any semi auto I have or have ever fired....Maybe I am a dinosaur but give me my revolver over the semi auto's anytime...just curious if anyone else carries a revolver as their EDC? I can't be the only revolver guy left....Thanks for looking, sorry for the long read...
Every so often I carry my Tarus CIA 357 with a 1 inch barrel. I also carry 2 speed loaders. This gun only holds 5 rounds but I think I screwed if I need more than 15 rounds to get out of trouble 😆

Every so often I carry my Tarus CIA 357 with a 1 inch barrel. I also carry 2 speed loaders. This gun only holds 5 rounds but I think I screwed if I need more than 15 rounds to get out of trouble 😆
My opinion, shot placement is more important than how many rounds you have. I have carried a Ruger LCR, 5 rounds, Charter Arms Bulldog 44spec, 5 rounds, with both of these I carried 5 extra rounds just in case.

Good grief! How in the world did I miss this thread? I'm a wheelgunner from way back. My first carry gun was a Colt 3rd Issue Detective Special. These days I'm often armed with a S&W 642.
I'm a collector of Smith & Wessons and have a bunch of 'em ranging from .22 LR to .45 Colt. Got a few Colts and a couple of Rugers as well. ;)
Ain't nothing wrong with a good revolver.

S&W .45s

.44 Specials

N-frame .357s

Colts

Ruger 6s

😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁

Back