testtest

Hex Wasp - Anyone’s randomly stop working?

Yes definitely. 100% .but for some how the wasp is having issues. Im sure it will all be fixed. Springfield will respond to make it better. Also i heard the second and third batch of wasp are better. So maybe i got the first batch. Who know?

Yes definitely. 100% .but for some how the wasp is having issues. Im sure it will all be fixed. Springfield will respond to make it better. Also i heard the second and third batch of wasp are better. So maybe i got the first batch. Who know?
It’s not the first batch. I ordered mine the day after they came out on 2/23/21 and it is still going strong. Not a single issue. If you heard the 2nd and 3rd batches were good, maybe it was the 4th batch that was bad. These issues didn’t start until late fall of last year.

Yea , sounds like your right. Maybe the Chinese are screwing the U.S. by giving us less quality due ti the war in Russia. Who knows.....

Well to be sure, there are plenty of crappy optics coming out of China as well. Based on everything I have read about the Wasp, you couldn't give me one. I highly recommend everyone on this thread just cut their losses and go with a different optic.

Well to be sure, there are plenty of crappy optics coming out of China as well. Based on everything I have read about the Wasp, you couldn't give me one. I highly recommend everyone on this thread just cut their losses and go with a different optic.
Just might have to. Let me see when my new wasp shows up
If it works then great. If not i want a refund on the difference of my rdp package..

I know I can google-smart this more, but as I am doing that I thought I would post to our amazing forum.

Purchased RDP…all good, wasp seems to be ok. Not the best but love the co witness and metal/design. Certainly works well. Went in the safe for a month + as I been busy. Took it out today and it is dead.

I thought “well it was perfect 0 so maybe the battery was just old.” Three battery swaps later…nothing. Blew around contacts, tried batteries..nothing.

I emailed support. I am guessing this somehow died on me. Hope that lifetime thing is true.

Any other reports out there?
its not battery, its the unit. wasp

well, Springfield armory will send me a new one , so I will see if they improved it, or corrected the defects. remember now China is with Russia. so I don't know if the quality will be the same. but I will keep everyone updated.

no you should not cut your losses, if you paid almost$ 900 for the RDP, AND IF THE WASP IS THE PROBLEM, THEY SHOULD REFUND YOU THE WASP PRICE. i AM NOT LETTING THEM OF THE HOOK. THEY NEED TO BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THERE PRODUCT. IF I HAVE TO I WILL SUE THEM IN SMALL CLAIMS COURT, IF THEY SEND ME ANOTHER BAD WASP. YOU HAVE CONSUMER RIGHTS ON ANYTHING YOU PURCHASE. IF THEY SPRINGFIELD WASP BATTER HAS 2 YEAR LIFE SPAN ,ACCORDING TO SPRING FIELD AND EVERY BATTERY DIES OUT IN A MONTH. YOU HAVE A GOOD CASE TO RECOUP THE DIFFENCE. DONT ACCEPT ANYTHING OTHER THAN WAS PROMISSED OR SUPPOSE TO HAVE .

no you should not cut your losses, if you paid almost$ 900 for the RDP, AND IF THE WASP IS THE PROBLEM, THEY SHOULD REFUND YOU THE WASP PRICE. i AM NOT LETTING THEM OF THE HOOK. THEY NEED TO BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THERE PRODUCT. IF I HAVE TO I WILL SUE THEM IN SMALL CLAIMS COURT, IF THEY SEND ME ANOTHER BAD WASP. YOU HAVE CONSUMER RIGHTS ON ANYTHING YOU PURCHASE. IF THEY SPRINGFIELD WASP BATTER HAS 2 YEAR LIFE SPAN ,ACCORDING TO SPRING FIELD AND EVERY BATTERY DIES OUT IN A MONTH. YOU HAVE A GOOD CASE TO RECOUP THE DIFFENCE. DONT ACCEPT ANYTHING OTHER THAN WAS PROMISSED OR SUPPOSE TO HAVE .
Springfield Armory is replacing them as they are returned which means they are doing all they can do to satisfy customers, it also means your lawsuit will go nowhere. Springfield will eventually get this under control.
Also using all capital letters in responses is considered yelling at people and not cool. We are all here to help with everyday problems.

You don't have to yell.

I was not suggesting letting them off the hook, but is that optic, given it's history, really what you want sitting on top of a self defense gun ? When you get it back, stick it on a shelf for a few months. If the battery problem is fixed, cut your losses and sell it for whatever you can get.

Springfield Armory is replacing them as they are returned which means they are doing all they can do to satisfy customers, it also means your lawsuit will go nowhere. Springfield will eventually get this under control.
Also using all capital letters in responses is considered yelling at people and not cool. We are all here to help with everyday problems.
Didn't mean to yell. My apologies.

Hmmmm.Battery Lasts 2 years? Mine went out in less then a month.I purchased a new one & put it in today.Time will tell.Maybe for $300.00 it should have an on off switch.

Purchased a new battery for My Wasp.Last battery lasted 1 month.I remember something in the instructions for the wasp.It said that the brightness self adjusts itself as needed.automatically.Mine stays the same brightness no mater how the light is.It never changes.Maybe this is why the battery only lasted 1 month.The thing is running at wide open all the time. anyone have this issue ?

Purchased a new battery for My Wasp.Last battery lasted 1 month.I remember something in the instructions for the wasp.It said that the brightness self adjusts itself as needed.automatically.Mine stays the same brightness no mater how the light is.It never changes.Maybe this is why the battery only lasted 1 month.The thing is running at wide open all the time. anyone have this issue ?
Auto brightness adjust is the most annoying thing about any red dot IMO.

You don't have to yell.

I was not suggesting letting them off the hook, but is that optic, given it's history, really what you want sitting on top of a self defense gun ? When you get it back, stick it on a shelf for a few months. If the battery problem is fixed, cut your losses and sell it for whatever you can get.

I had the short battery life problem as well. Springfield took mine back, and I'm waiting on the remedy. I dont really have a problem with a wasp on my self defense pistol. I did make sure that I bought a pistol that co witnesses for that reason. I shot an FBI Qualification Course over the weekend with my iron sights and qualified easily. The pistol is very capable.

A bit off topic of the battery life.
I have two Wasps. One has been returned and replaced for dead battery problems. The other seems normal.

But...on the replacement unit I am having a problem with acquiring the red dot without a great deal of effort. I actually think it is turning off and then coming back with the moving around to find the dot. I would accept that it was somehow me except that it is not my first one and this was not the case on the other two.

Anyone else. I really am not looking forward to sending it back for yet another problem.

Back