testtest

Saint AR Pistol Failure

That's more like having a hole in your car door and they fix the hole, but don't paint it.

No, it’s not even close to that. A hole implies there is something wrong with it—in the case of a different BCG, There’s not a bloody thing wrong with it.

A vehicle analogy would be closer to it coming with different brand, but entirely identically performing tires.

UPDATE:

Response from Gun Shop/Vendor Rep correspondence:
Screenshot_20201110-143941_Outlook.jpg

Oh well...

I just bought a Saint AR pistol in 5.56 Friday afternoon. Took it to the range Sunday. Failure to extract on the very first round. Needed a cleaning rod to clear the spent casing. Second round, exactly the same thing. After five rounds I gave up. The extractor is destroying the casing when it fires so it has nothing to grab on to in order to extract. Extremely disappointing. This thing will be going back Monday morning. Absolutely no way I would trust my life to this weapon. Has anyone else had similar problems.
Do you know if this issue is still going on? Heard these FTF, FTE, Failure to battery is happening for the victor and edge too.

I have an Edge that I bought shortly after they first came out.

I ran that rifle in 3-gun and never once had a problem. It ran flawless from day one.

I had a similar issue with my PDW. The bolt was gouging the case of the round behind the one it was picking up. The gouge was extreme enough that it would jam the case in the chamber. I sent it in to Springfield and they replaced the BCG and now it shoots like a dream. I'd highly recommend that you send it in. They'll get it taken care of for you.

I had a similar issue with my PDW. The bolt was gouging the case of the round behind the one it was picking up. The gouge was extreme enough that it would jam the case in the chamber. I sent it in to Springfield and they replaced the BCG and now it shoots like a dream. I'd highly recommend that you send it in. They'll get it taken care of for you.
I feel like these guns that people rely on protection shouldn't have to deal with this issue at all. It seems to be pretty common

Here is another video i found with the saint victor at time 6:59

@Surveillance google any brand AR FTF/FTF etc and you will find examples of the same. Instead of looking for problems, go shoot your gun first. You can’t rely on any one source anyway, certain youtubers seem to make a living off the firearms that always break for them. It seems like these people have the worst luck in the world with firearms……except for the ones that they endorse. Springfield has literally sold hundreds of thousands of these in the almost over half decade they have been selling them. If they were all dumpster fires Springfield would still not be in business. The funny thing is that these threads are always from a brand new person, and the thread is never resolved after telling them to contact Springfield. And the person is never seen from again, just like from this thread. No pictures, no proof, plenty of people that helped him and when he got a response that was boring they leave. The op joined April 18th 2020 then was never seen after April 29th 2020. Just someone looking for a confrontation not getting it, getting bored and moving on.

Last edited:
Do you know if this issue is still going on? Heard these FTF, FTE, Failure to battery is happening for the victor and edge too.

I had identical issues with my Saint Victor in .308. Sent it in for repairs 3 times. Twice they replaced the BCG. 3rd time they replaced the Crush Washer, BCG, and Barrel entirely. It worked after that.

I wouldn't stress it too much. Just know that no matter what Springfield is literally a phone call away. They took care of me each time, no questions asked or hard time given. Sent a return label, Warrantied the repairs, and 2 day shipped it back everytime.

It's why i'm still a loyal Springfield customer and as long as they keep making guns I want / like I shall remain so.

@Surveillance google any brand AR FTF/FTF etc and you will find examples of the same. Instead of looking for problems, go shoot your gun first. You can’t rely on any one source anyway, certain youtubers seem to make a living off the firearms that always break for them. It seems like these people have the worst luck in the world with firearms……except for the ones that they endorse. Springfield has literally sold hundreds of thousands of these in the almost over half decade they have been selling them. If they were all dumpster fires Springfield would still not be in business. The funny thing is that these threads are always from a brand new person, and the thread is never resolved after telling them to contact Springfield. And the person is never seen from again, just like from this thread. No pictures, no proof, plenty of people that helped him and when he got a response that was boring they leave. The op joined April 18th 2020 then was never seen after April 29th 2020. Just someone looking for a confrontation not getting it, getting bored and moving on.
But here is another video with issues. There are comments from people and forums that stated they have the same issue. Some were pretty recent. I understand there may be lemons, but seems like these lemons are pretty common place.

But here is another video with issues. There are comments from people and forums that stated they have the same issue. Some were pretty recent. I understand there may be lemons, but seems like these lemons are pretty common place.

As I said look up any brand and you will find examples of the same thing. Your trying to find problems, get your gun and if there is an issue it will be fixed because Springfield stands behind their products.

Not a single item in the world that doesnt have problems. It’s called moving parts.
Your car you drive has videos of problems. Most likely all the time. Every car maker does. So you ride a bike then ? The pen you write with fails. The dwelling you live in has complaints against the builder.
Its how a company handles and resolves the situation is what sets world class companies apart from the rest. Period.
Life happens . Sh!t breaks.
If stuff didnt fail, we wouldn't need repairman and prisons

I see a lot of advice about ammo in this thread. My thoughts on that are this; Some of the Guns I own would never be defensive weapons because of being finicky about Ammo. That being said my AR's will run anything I can put in a magazine. I have used all the best and worst ammo in them and they all cycle flawlessly. If they don't I can't use them. If you cannot run whatever ammo is available how will you fare when the SHTF and that's the only ammo available. Send it back until it is reliable.
Quite bluntly, you probably won’t outlive your on-hand ammo supply.

Getting into gunfights that end up burning a lot of ammo is going to greatly reduce your lifespan…odds do stack up.

The “scrounging for ammo” after some catastrophic event is an apocalypse pipe dream.

Not a single item in the world that doesnt have problems. It’s called moving parts.
Your car you drive has videos of problems. Most likely all the time. Every car maker does. So you ride a bike then ? The pen you write with fails. The dwelling you live in has complaints against the builder.
Its how a company handles and resolves the situation is what sets world class companies apart from the rest. Period.
Life happens . Sh!t breaks.
If stuff didnt fail, we wouldn't need repairman and prisons
I’m trying to figure out why we need prisons because things fail but I won’t lose any sleep over it. 😂😂😂😂😂
I agree everything has a life span and how some people approach what to do when something doesn’t work right is human nature. I will say this thread got painful quickly as so many gave the OP as well as the second poster who had issues a lot of great advice. The bottom line is some people want to just argue even with people who are trying to help.

I’m trying to figure out why we need prisons because things fail but I won’t lose any sleep over it. 😂😂😂😂😂
I agree everything has a life span and how some people approach what to do when something doesn’t work right is human nature. I will say this thread got painful quickly as so many gave the OP as well as the second poster who had issues a lot of great advice. The bottom line is some people want to just argue even with people who are trying to help.
Well, people fail all the time, thus the need for prisons and police. My mind to fingers gets lost in translation, but I can cope with that mechanical failure 😉😉😁

I feel like these guns that people rely on protection shouldn't have to deal with this issue at all. It seems to be pretty common

Here is another video i found with the saint victor at time 6:59
I do agree to a certain extent. Products are still made by people and people are inherently flawed. The important aspect is if the problem is corrected effectively and in a timely manner. Even bigger brand name firearms producers have issues as well.

Back