testtest

Your favorite Springfield

My favorite Springfield is the only one I own, my EDC is the XD-E .45 with a Viridian R5 green laser and a crossbreed IWB holster. It's almost as accurate as my HK 45T is at 50 yeards and much smaller, the 5.2" barrel on the HK makes it very difficult to conceal as it goes halfway down my thigh which allows the barrel thread protector to rub that part of my leg raw.

I'm saving for an M1A loaded with polymer furniture and trying to decide between .308 or 6.5 Creedmoor.

So hard to choose. For the 1911, my MC Operator for full size and my EMP4 CCC for the smaller ones.
Springfield Armory Marine Corps Operator 1911.jpg
Springfield Armory EMP4 CCC 9mm.jpg

For my XD Series, Tie between the XD sub compact 9mm and Mod2 .45. Although, all the others are fantastic as well.
Springfield Armory XD sub compact 9mm.jpg
Springfield Armory XD Mod 2 Sub Compact 45.jpg

And then, finally, there is my Hellcat and my SAINT!
Springfield Armory Hellcat.jpg
Springfield Armory SAINT AR Pistol FDE 556 NATO.jpg

Each has a special place.

As for NON-SA pistols, then my SIg Sauer 1911 Nitron would be number 1 with the Smith & Wesson 626 Performance Center .45 ACP Revolver not far behind.

Such difficult questions to answer. :)

Nice guns there greywolf1961, very nice, I’m jealous that I just have one Springfield right now......lol

Last edited:
I like that also, used to have a 1947 M1 Garand, all Springfield gun, original Springfield, no collector value because the previous owner had it refinished, shot ok, but got tired of getting my thumb smashed in it, I know, there is a right way and wrong way, evidently, I must have liked the wrong way, anyway, I gave it to my nephew, he likes the WW II guns and such, but we still take it out and shoot it.

I like that also, used to have a 1947 M1 Garand, all Springfield gun, original Springfield, no collector value because the previous owner had it refinished, shot ok, but got tired of getting my thumb smashed in it, I know, there is a right way and wrong way, evidently, I must have liked the wrong way, anyway, I gave it to my nephew, he likes the WW II guns and such, but we still take it out and shoot it.
If I was to list rifles, different story. But, I do have a beautiful Springfield Armory M1, all SA and matching. Manuf date April 1, 1944. Shoot great. Love reaching out to the 600 yd line with it. Still haven't let her bite my thumb yet.

I love reaching out and touching far away targets. My M1A does that best.
For the distance, My Savage 110 Long Hunter 6.5 Creedmore, Howa M1500 .308 are the bomb. Did 1000 (updated distance) yards with the Howa with 60% hits (would have helped having a better scope). The Savage gives me .5 MOA (1 inch) at 200 yards. I have the M1A 6.5, but haven't been able to find a place to stretch her legs yet. She the one in my profile pic with the bipod mounted. Still need to mount a scope as well.

Last edited:
With Springfield it’s hard to pick a favorite. I’ve got the Saint Victor AR15 in 5.56 and the Saint AR15 Pistol in 300 BO.
I also own the 9mm 40 and 45 XDM Mod2’s. I currently carry the 40 concealed with a Galco Holster however I ordered a Tucker Gun Leather rig for just the 40 Cal.
I also just treated myself to the 1911 Range Officer in 45ACP And also ordered from Tucker GL a holster/belt rig for that gun.
LOVE THEM ALL.

I have to admit that my Springfield 911 is rapidly growing on me. I’d originally bought this for my wife, but when it wouldn’t chamber a round out of the box I changed my mind. Since getting it back from Springfield it’s been flawless, but the slide lock spring won’t stay in, so it’s not ready for a permanent place in my carry rotation. Granted, one shouldn’t have to remove the slide in a carry situation, but it plays on my mind that this isn’t a perfect weapon. One more trip to Springfield will tell the tale.

Back